GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Bell Scout Air 3/4 Open Face Helmet. This helmet is brand new and has only been worn twice. I purchased it from Cycle Gear here in Wichita. It is a great helmet and at less than two pounds, it’s the lightest DOT and ECE safety rated helmet in the world. It is a size XL, but in my opinion it runs more like a large. I wear a large in every other helmet and this XL fits me perfect.

Shortly after I bought this I decided to buy a Shoei Neotec 2 modular helmet and that has become my every day helmet now. That leaves this great Bell helmet without any love at all. The Scout Air sells for $159.99. Get this helmet here in new condition for only $90. It comes with a Bell helmet bag and two snap in visors. In the picture the helmet has the larger of the two visors in place. The smaller one is lying in front of the helmet. Shipping is $20 in the continental US.

From the manufacturer:

FLYWEIGHT LOOKS, HEAVYWEIGHT PROTECTION

The Scout Air utilizes an advanced and innovative "In-mold" construction that combines the Tri-Matrix composite shell with the internal EPS liner. The final result is an extremely compact, lightweight helmet that surpasses both DOT and European ECE certification requirements. The ultimate in lightweight protection - in spite of the robust performance - it weighs a feathery 900 grams; so light it almost disappears on your head. Snap in either of the two included visors and tailor the look to suite your style, or pick up one of the clear or smoked "full-face" accessory shields and escape from the elements.

Helmet Sports gear Cap Hat Headgear

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
852 Posts
Having the Neotec 2 myself, I see what you mean. Good luck on the sale!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts