GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been discussed here, and if so I apologize for bringing it up again. I drove my 09 black cherry Wing home last week and am thinking of adding a belly pan, but I'm wondering if it would be compatible with a WalMart, or any brand for that matter, bike lift? It looks to me like the belly pan extends below the frame of the bike a bit which would interfere with the arms of the lift and might deform the pan. Am I off base on this? Thanks in advance.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I have a belly pan and it works fine with the "Pit Bull " lift.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Works fine with my Sears standard lift.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
After you put 10 to 20 thousand miles on your bike with the belly pan it will look like it has had the crap beat out of it. I wouldn't worry much about your lift causing a problem.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Works fine with the Harbor Freight lift I have.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You really aren't resting on any frame. You're resting on the sump. The belly pan just covers it up.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pit Bull lift here also and works great, you actually need the belly pan to use the PB.

FWIW with the weight and size of a wing I would only use a Pit Bull. I did have one of those $87 cheapies from Sams club, it lifted the bike but damn I felt it was unsafe. That lift s now in the basement with the Cushman scooter on it ( it seems to be built for it)

My2cents.
Spend the dough and get tha PB!

John

This may have already been discussed here, and if so I apologize for bringing it up again. I drove my 09 black cherry Wing home last week and am thinking of adding a belly pan, but I'm wondering if it would be compatible with a WalMart, or any brand for that matter, bike lift? It looks to me like the belly pan extends below the frame of the bike a bit which would interfere with the arms of the lift and might deform the pan. Am I off base on this? Thanks in advance.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
jack in ca.

The belly pan actually is needed for the PB.
I use a sissor jack under mine every time i clean or polish front rim there is enough dents & scratches one more dont matter after 60,000 miles enjoy it and dont worry about it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

to everyone for the responses. I feel a lot more confident about getting the belly pan now.

Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts