GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the belly pan this afternoon 30 min tops- Can't figure out why it didn't come on from the factory- seems like a no brainer to me-
Fine fit and finish- looks like a nice product- Kudos to Tulsa

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Javern said:
Honda wants you to wreck stuff on your bike so you buy parts
expensive parts, Like engines cases, stuff like that :(

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I am glad that Honda does not dress the bike out for us.

Heck if my bike came all equipped, I would never have Met Hal/Chris/Drew from HDL, Lewis @ EC, John Preston @ Bushtec, Val @ V&P, Joe Ligori @ Shirtznthings, Gary & Mikey @ GME. I never would have spoken to JON Sargeant, Jon Jambor @ Kennedy on the phone. Life would be boreing!

Look at all the social stuff I would have missed!...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
136 Posts
The belly pan is a must have item. Before I bought mine I hit a metal rod in the road. It bounced up an knocked the spring off my center stand. Of coarse I though t the worse had happened. Good product, hate the screws.
Randy F.
Concord, NC

·
Registered
533 Posts
I finally bought one

After 8 years of laughing up my sleeve at 1500 owners posting thousands of messages saying that they stabilized the bike with a belly pan, I bought one for the 1800.

The vulnerabilty of the reservoir and a few other hoses made me reconsider the functionality of the Belly Pan.

I ordered one in early Feb from Hal so I could have it on for the trip to Daytona Bike Week; I-95 sure has a lot of trash on it, not only in cars, but on the road too.

A couple of days prior to leaving, I learned that somehow, Hal was out of stock and the order was due to ship to him in a week or two. Thanks to David at HondaDirect and Allen at Tulsa, they overnighted it to me from Tulsa, so I could wear it to Daytona. This great service cost one or both of them some money, but it shows what great suppliers we wing riders have for support.

Interestingly, I received another from HondaDirect in Middle March, waiting for us as we returned for FLA. I happily returned it to Hal.

Report: I was glad to have it, although I was fortunate to not have major kick-ups on the trip. But it sure got filthy.

It was windy on the trip back. There was no noticable difference to crosswind affect. A couple of weeks later, I was riding with 45-50 mph crosswinds, again no effect.

I recommend the belly pan for belly pan service, but if you want to avoid crosswind impact, lean forward and ride it like a crotch rocket. Talk about minimizing the wind effect!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bulldog said:
I am glad that Honda does not dress the bike out for us.

Heck if my bike came all equipped, I would never have Met Hal/Chris/Drew from HDL, Lewis @ EC, John Preston @ Bushtec, Val @ V&P, Joe Ligori @ Shirtznthings, Gary & Mikey @ GME. I never would have spoken to JON Sargeant, Jon Jambor @ Kennedy on the phone. Life would be boreing!

Look at all the social stuff I would have missed!...LOL

Bulldog
What about Allen @ Tulsa. :1st: Do you not consider him the greatest. :yes:

:1st: :rw1: :1st:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts