GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this spring I debated for some time, and read the various threads of the advantages/usefullness of the tulsa belly pan for my "05 Wing. I did purchase one and Well, I can't say I've noticed any help in the wind, and it slightely makes the engine a little "tinney" but this week it more than payed for itself when something on the road flew up and struck the belly pan hard enough to break the clip and dent the shield all to heck. (came off a semi I was in process of passsing) Price to repair? One cheap clip and 2 minutes with a hammer. No damage to the bike (or me). Did not even have to repair it on the road. Checked it out and kept driving. Yup, gotta recommend it ! I have not noticed any other pros and cons, so it was well worth the $60 or so dollars, in my opinion. - just FYI to those interested.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ditto!! I've got a pretty good dent in the right front area just behind the removable portion. Have no clue how or when it happened.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I always figured 60 bucks was well worth the investment, if I'm 200 miles from a dealer and something takes out the coolant tank.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got a 1/4 mile of rocky driveway, wouldn't be without a bellypan. Cheap insurance against accidental damage.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Best Piece of Mind for Protecting a $20,000+ HONDA GOLDWING!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I would not trade my belly pan for all of the crush washers out there :wink: :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
I can't say I've noticed any help in the wind
I think the "helps in crosswinds" is one of the largest and longstanding Accessories joke on the board.

I have one but it's home brew and good insurance against rocks and sharp debris.
When it's windy - the wind blows. ( sometimes sucks )

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
dont like the idea or the fact of it trapping heat in,i did make a deflector for the coolant tank though.

same vane as deer wistles,headlite mods,and chrome!!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I live in So-Cal and it was over 100 degrees several weeks in a row this summer. I have the pan and the only thing I notice is the fan kicks in at stop lights. The bike keeps cool with it on even though it's too hot for me.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
belly panner here...It Works!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts