GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike put back together after finishing up the Heated seat mod. Braved the ice at the end of the driveway and got out on the road for about 35 miles of pure bliss. Had the heated gloves, and jacket liner turned up. Turned on the seat...seat got so warm I had to shut it off! Just about fried the family jewels!

But oooo it was so nice to get back out on the bike after being off since Dec 5th. This weather this winter has been brutal from a snow/ice standpoint.

Thanks John (jones463) for stopping down today and working with me while I finished up that mod. Helped to have a second set of hands / thought processes as we tried to get that done.

Cant wait to get to some RTES again...few weeks and I will be available again.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Got my bike put back together after finishing up the Heated seat mod. Braved the ice at the end of the driveway and got out on the road for about 35 miles of pure bliss. Had the heated gloves, and jacket liner turned up. Turned on the seat...seat got so warm I had to shut it off! Just about fried the family jewels!

But oooo it was so nice to get back out on the bike after being off since Dec 5th. This weather this winter has been brutal from a snow/ice standpoint.

Thanks John (jones463) for stopping down today and working with me while I finished up that mod. Helped to have a second set of hands / thought processes as we tried to get that done.

:thumbup: that's what's it's all about right there !!
Riding
Wrenching
Brotherhood

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Thanks Dave,
I was glad to help out. Just working on my official Rail 32 merit badge; still trying to complete the 3 explosion requirements: Controlled, Uncontrolled, and Freakin' Awesome. Kudos to you for getting the bike out. That road was Olympic style glare ice. Careful with the seat heater; poached eggs go bad pretty quickly. :lol: Very nice install and great result. Also, give us a report on how you like that new battery bug? Talking to you and Laurie again was a reminder that spring is on the way. Later. John

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Feels good doesn't it Dave.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would be bonkers if i hadnt ridden since december but glad you got out and i reckon some of my best rides have been in the worst of conditions yet it makes you feel alive :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Way too go David.........I bet it felt good.
Wish I had bikes ready to ride. Still some work on both.
Must have them both ready by April 10th. Riding down to Rogers AR ride -in.

Looks like my son Loren will be riding June's St down. Should be fun.......Been way to long not riding with Loren.
He is ready to go right now.

Lee

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

Looks like my son Loren will be riding June's St down. Should be fun.......Been way to long not riding with Loren.

Lee
That sounds like a great trip planned ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
​Did you get that Wedge Passenger backrest on?
Yes, got that on at the tail end of last year but Laurie hasn't had a chance to test it out yet. too cold to get her on the bike. Hopefully in a month or so...just the other day she was saying its been like forever since she has been on the bike....this is good! :)

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts

Lee
Great riding with our kids. Time that can never be taken away. I love it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hello Dave
I should have my bike out today the PMS is almost over
have to install the battery cover on the 1800 and the top shelter
on the 1500 (air filter change) then take them to the gas station
for some fresh fuel. Then off for a ride. might take it to work tomorrow
weather forecast is for 51 as a high.
Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts