GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in central Florida (mostly boring flatlands), have been running my 2018 Goldwing with Pirelli Snow Control at 36 to 38 lbs cold, have 7,000 miles on it and it appears to be wearing evenly and has quite a lot of tread left. In a few weeks am taking the auto train to Lorton Va. and will be riding the various mountain roads making my way back to Florida.

I have experimented with various pressures, and for the central Florida roads am happy with the performance at 36 – 38 lbs. For those of you with actual mountain twisty road experience with the Pirelli tires – what pressure do you recommend for best handling in the twisties?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I've no experience with the SC or the 2018, but I'm running 32 PSI in my Pirelli P1 on my 03, and the twisties are handled just fine here in Idaho. I had them at 34 a few weeks ago when I rode over Lolo Pass and it was happy then as well, so somewhere in there I would think should be good.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
In Florida, I would think you could probably get by with a little less air in the SnowControl. If the tire spends its entire life in the flat lands at 36-38 you will probably wear out the center a little too soon. Having said that, I would probably run mine in that range if I was doing a little of both twisties and flat land on a regular basis, just to keep from having to stop at a service station to mess with the air pressure every time the riding environment changes.

I run mine between 38-40 here in the Ozarks and could probably get by with 36 at times depending on how spirited I want to ride.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts