GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff in Ferndale WA posted this page with ALL the colors of the Goldwings through the ages....what color did you have or have see that was your favorite? Which color do you wish Honda would issue again...

I can remember as a kid they had a Candy brown metallic that I thought was the cats as* but I don't think I would go for it today..

http://goldwing.fol.nl/English/

Go to bottom of page "Honda Goldwing Colors"

Matt(Ashland,MA) 8)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I had a yellow 2001 and that is my favorite color. I now own a Titanium color Silver Wing, but wish they came in yellow. That color kind of grew on me over the years. Thought I read where the yellow was the most popular color of all the GL1800s?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I like the Black Cherry Red,,,but when I was buying my first goldwing ,a brand new 1987 Aspencade 1200,I wanted a black one....it was actually a dark dark dark blue that looked black,,,but the dealerships were out of them and they would have to order one and it would take weeks to get,,,I didn't want to wait..so I bought the Metallic Beige..it was actually a Champagne color....I loved it!!!!!...Although I own a 2004 Titanium,,and i really like this color...out of all the colors..i like the Black Cherry Red...I also kind of like the metallic orange too...........GREAT POST....thanx..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I like the 1985 Limited two-tone gold the best. I had an 1985 Satellite Blue Metallic though and that's a very close second.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Almost three and a half years with the yellow 03, I must admit I miss it. Only 07 color I liked was the silver, but I can't help but think it's kind of an old mans color.

While I love all the upgrades of my 07 ABS over my 03 non ABS, the color is it's weakest link. I see so many silver vehicles out there, it's ridiculous. I've actually thought about parting with it already, and I've had it less than a month.

Oh well, maybe it'll grow on me. :oops:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I've had illusion blue and burgundy GL1800's and like both of them but I'm the happiest I've ever been with a Goldwing color with the yellow I'm riding right now. :D

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
had a 1992 blue aspencade that i really liked and blue was my first choice in 2001 but i fell into a great deal on a yellow one so thats what i bought, was worried that the yellow might get old after awhile but it hasn't, in fact i hope it comes back in 2008 because that would b my first choice, any color would be OK if the price is right but i prefer the yellow because its easy to keep clean enough and by far the safest color

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've always like the '03 Candy Red. If it was available when I bought my '02 that is the color I would be riding.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Are there any stats showing what colours sell the most?

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
John in YVR said:
And which colors are the safest... :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John in YVR said:
If you look at the History I would have to say that RED is the most popular color. Almost EVERY year there is some form of red as either "wineberry", "Maroon"

Matt(Ashland,MA) 8)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I really like the dark candy cherry. I believe my 05 is considered candy cherry.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
The 2003 Candy Red was my favorite

2,732 Posts
My choice..

I love the yellow Canyon Dancer but the prettiest (in my opinion) of all the colors in the past was the two tone teal. Don't know the year but it was a 1500 Aspencade model. Absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If Honda brought back the 1991 Pearl White color, I think that I would trade in my '01 Illusion Red. The upkeep in keeping my '01 clean would benefit ten fold had I had a Pearl White where no dust shows.

But then again, Honda doesn't listen to its own dealers for recommendations on color choices, what makes me think that they'll listen to me. Arrrggh. :x

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I'm a Blue guy and love my 07 blue, but I thought the 01 Blue and the 05 blue were the sweetest colors....

I like to see what a British Racing Green would look like on a wing, maybe with some gold metallic in the green paint.....

I had always hear the candy red was the most requested color for the wing, why Honda stopped making that color after only one year run on the 1800 beats me...

Had a Pearl White UC and I though that would stay clean, but found that if you touched the bike after riding it much, you could sure tell it had a lot of road grime on it....I've heard that the silver is the easiest to keep clean...

All and all, BLUE for me thanks.....

·
15 year Member
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KYBLUE said:
I'm a Blue guy and love my 07 blue, but I thought the 01 Blue and the 05 blue were the sweetest colors....

I like to see what a British Racing Green would look like on a wing, maybe with some gold metallic in the green paint.....

I had always hear the candy red was the most requested color for the wing, why Honda stopped making that color after only one year run on the 1800 beats me...

Had a Pearl White UC and I though that would stay clean, but found that if you touched the bike after riding it much, you could sure tell it had a lot of road grime on it....I've heard that the silver is the easiest to keep clean...

All and all, BLUE for me thanks.....

I think that British Racing Green with Black accents would look real nice also...

Matt(Ashland,MA) :lol:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Had the 82 or was that 83 1100A two tone metalic brown. I still think that was a great color, but dont think it would look good on the 1800.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I'll second the Pearl White or British Racing Green.
But if you put stripes on BRG, Matt, they have to be white. Mini Cooper Chili White is best.

Or RealTree Hardwoods Camo. I love that pattern.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts