GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
A lot of people on this board that have Alumas are using a Coleman Stainless Steel cooler. I just ordered mine tonight. Target.. $99.99 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
The Coleman Stainless Steel not only looks good on the Aluma trailer, it works good also. Ice lasts really well. Very convenient drain plug.
I like mine and would buy one again. I bought mine at Dick's Sporting Goods on closeout for $79 and didn't have pay shipping. You might check at Dick's if there is one close to you.

G

·
I am also a fan of the Coleman Stainless for my Aluma. I found a good way to protect the new stainless look is with 3M Paint Protectant Film. Here is where I found the best price ($16.00 per foot cut from a 2 foot wide roll). http://www.vacleartech.com/index.html

I didn't want a black plastic naugahide bag wraped around the stainless steel so I just put the clear film on the top and front and so far it has worked great. The owner gave me some good tips on how to install the film properly (which is not easy to do).

·
Registered
758 Posts
Best Cooler

Coleman stainless steel. $59.00 at Menards. Reversed the lid and latch and then polished it up with the BOM metal polish and it held a high luster all summer long and still looks great as I put away for the year.
I bought a rear floor mat for winter slush and snow, from Wal Mart, that fit the cooler rack perfect to use as a cushion under and side to side contaiment of the cooler in the cooler tray on the tounge of the trailer.

Good luck with your selection

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just a comment , but you might be careful with a cooler that big, you can wind up with a lot of tongue weight in a hurry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts