GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 2007, the colors are very nice this year and I like the idea of an airbag. What are you guys paying for these ? Is there room for any dolars off with these models??

please let me know..

Thanks,

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I've never paid more than 85% of MSRP for a motorcycle. That includes my 03 GL1800. Of course it takes a lot of work and patience (you aren't going to get that low a price within a few weeks of a new model being announced), but I still will never pay more than 85% of MSRP. I found the best time to buy a new bike is in early summer, while there is still plenty of riding season left and the dealers realize they have quite a bit of inventory with just a few months left before the new models come out. I used that strategy to buy my '03 Illusion Blue GL1800A for 15,599.00 including tax and license (the MSRP at that time was $16,999 plus tax and license).

By the way, I've had success with the same math and strategy on cars as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Dorian's 85% is a good ball park. If you compare Hal's posted prices (all are '06 numbers I think, so far) they are right about 85%. Give them a call and see how they are doing on getting '07s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts