GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is tired of the 1500, and wants me to buy a new bike.:thumbup: So I guess it's time to start shopping. I'm looking for a large volume Wing dealer that doesn't try to nickle and dime the price up. I've heard of one in So-Cal, but cannot remember the name.

The things I have to do to keep the wife happy.:grin:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
My wife is tired of the 1500, and wants me to buy a new bike.:thumbup: So I guess it's time to start shopping. I'm looking for a large volume Wing dealer that doesn't try to nickle and dime the price up. I've heard of one in So-Cal, but cannot remember the name.

The things I have to do to keep the wife happy.:grin:
I think you are thinking of LA Motors.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
you should at lest get a price from your dealer near you - i talk to La in 02 then went to one close to me and they were with in $200 had it the next day. no going back and forth- just told i was pre aproved give me your best price the first time- don't tell them what you can get it for befor you get a price

·
Registered
846 Posts
Check out the Honda Powerhouse dealer in Hollister. I stopped by there about 3 months ago to look at an 09. They said they would match any price from OTD Cycles in LA. At the time, they had 6 08 GL1800's on the floor.
Really nice new dealership.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Good to see you on here Rich. As you know the local shop just not seem to want to deal. At least that is my experince with them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Out The Door Cyclesports in Oakland will probably have the best price within easy riding distance.

Use the same link that MAtherton left above, then click on locations.

·
Registered
340 Posts
bike

I got mine from OTD motor sports. beat every place i checked. beat my local dealer by $4000.00

·
Registered
812 Posts
I recommend as did several others that you check out OTD. They have several locations in the state. There is one right here in Auburn. I would have bought there if the bike had not been in the crate. Bought from Grass Valley dealer who agreed to give me the same price. A friend bought the bike I considered from OTD.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I used OTD Cycle Sports and they beat my local by about $3500. Very simple trans action. Was there for about half an hour with check in hand and then on my way home. Overall a very good experience. My local dealer has to do all the warrenty work.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Honda must have a different price structure for higher volume dealers versus the lower volume dealers. I was talking to my friend who is the sales manager at a small Honda dealership and I was showing him some of the prices that were advertised for the Wing at certain dealers (OTD being one of them). His comment was: They're selling them cheaper than I can buy them. :shrug:

·
Registered
368 Posts
We bought our '03 at OTD in LA and got a good price. We did all the purchasing online and just went there, signed the papers and drove it home. My wife's '06 we saw at Huntington Honda and asked them to match OTD price and they did, so we bought her 'Wing there. I prefer buying from a dealership near me and I suspect in these economic times they would match or come close to OTD. You can email OTD and they will give you a out the door quote.

D

·
0 Posts
Out The Door Cyclesports in Oakland will probably have the best price within easy riding distance.

Use the same link that MAtherton left above, then click on locations.
I bought mine at OTD in Oakland, and they now have one in Auburn CA above Sacramento off Hiway 80.

They are all affiliated. There is no Iron Gate around the one in Auburn, CA.

OTD Cyclesports Auburn
Address: 11905 Dry Creek Road
City, State: Auburn - CA
Zip Code: 95602

Phone (Showroom): (530) 885-7105
Phone (Service/Parts): (530) 885-7105
Sales Department Hours: Tues & Thurs 9am-8pm, Wed & Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 10am-4pm
Service Hours: Tues & Thurs 9am-8pm, Wed & Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-5pm

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I GOT A PRICE FROM http://www.otdcyclesports.com/ on a new 07 and a new 08 back in March of 08, $17,999 for an 07 and $18,999 for an 08, I went to Chaparrel motor sports in San Bernardino and they gave me an 08 out the door for $200.00 more than OTDCYCLESPORTS wanted for an 07 and it was $800.00 cheaper than they wanted for an 08. I told them $18,200 out the door no more no less, after about 20 minutes I had my price, I wanted to put $10,000.00 on a credit card so I could get points for the purchase but they said for that price it had to be cash, so I took them a check the next day and away I went. I think I got a great deal. With the economy the way it is you should be able to drive a good deal on a new bike. There are a lot of great deals on used 08's out there also,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hollister Honda

I just picked up my 09 last weekend, Hollister Honda beat the OTD price and they're great people...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts