GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Suggest you get as much input as possible from a variety of folks on the effect their non-stock windshields have. Switching to the F4 made a difference for us but may not be enough for others.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Bakers help.

Somewhat inexpensive and easy.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
ear plugs or a car!

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
The fix with the greatest benefit for the passenger is a set of Baker Air Wings and hand wings (mirror wings).

It is hard to recommend windshields because of differences in height. Before I bought my F4, I also had the Honda windshield deflectors on an OEM +2 windshield, which also helped a lot.

A little warning in advance. The topic you brought up is going to bring out the sarcasm in a lot of people who always try to derail this subject. You will just have to read around the noise.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
(1) Put up the top and roll up the windows.
(2) Leave the complaining passenger at home.

:nojoke:

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Make SURE that your passenger's helmet fits right. My first one did not and a new, better-fitting bucket made a huge difference. If the helmet is not snug enough, it will move around in the wind and increase the effect of buffeting. Ditto on the Baker wings, mirror and hand.
Ditto on the sarcastic replies...you'll get plenty, I promise! :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The fix with the greatest benefit for the passenger is a set of Baker Air Wings and hand wings (mirror wings)./QUOTE]

+1

Particularly the Baker hand wings (that mount under the mirrors).

My wife said those little devils knocked the passenger buffeting waaaaaaay down compared with other mods.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Best combination I found was mirror wings and Tulsa aerodynamic windshield.

I still use the mirror wings but I only use the Tulsa in the colder weather. I prefer to look over the windshield if I can.

Hector

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 5'10" and my wife if 6' I found Baker Hand wings and the Vstream windshield worked great

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I found Baker Hand wings and the Vstream windshield worked great
:agree:

If she starts whining I just leave her at home. She doesn't whine much anymore. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Better Windshield and air wings. Popular choices of windshields are Tulsa, Cee Bailey, National Cycle, and the one I use... Windbender. The combination will help buffeting a lot.
For windshield choices need to decide whether you look through or over the shield which will drive your shield decision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Changed windsheild, different helmets I think you will go broke trying to stop buffering for both of you just wait tell you get older you won't here the wind anymore unless you turn up the hearing aid.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, I had a Tulsa Extra Tall windshield on my 2005 that I loved. I planned to buy another one when I bought the 2012, but listening the folks here, I ordered an F4 +4 instead. I've used it just under three weeks now (about 1,200 miles) and not only was my wife being beat up by the wind, but so was I (I'm 6'3", she's 5'7"). So I ordered a Tulsa Extra Tall on Wednesday. Was surprised to find it at my door today, so I just installed it. It slants toward the driver much more, but it's 6.5 inches taller than the F4 and the buffeting is gone. I expect a small MPG increase as well. The Tulsa, combined with the full set of Baker products (hand to toe) have almost totally eliminated everything but strong cross winds.

So my question for the group is, where can I get the best price for my used F4 (1,200 miles) and my used OEM (400 miles)? On the sales forum here or on eBay?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts