GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a full-sized cover for the 1800? I currently ave the Nelson-Rigg cover and would like to find a little better fitting cover, if it exists.

·
Chard Member
12,963 Posts
The Hondaline cover fits like a glove!

Here's my Geeza cover! I didn't say GEEZER COVER, I said Geeza! LOL.... I got away from full covers because of the major bulk involved.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It really depends on what you want to do with it, is it for travel or home use? Many of us use a half cover for travel, they are lighter and don't take up much room. At home I throw an old sheet over the bike to keep the dust off of it, but some like a full cover for that. The cover I use when traveling is at the top left of this page:

http://hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/byProduct.asp?prd=Covers&str=4&ID=158333057

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I use the Hondaline full cover for travelling and winter storage. I use a half cover for local travel.

I am happy all the way. Hondaline full cover is $150 from HDL, and a good half cover can be had for between $40 - $70.

Good Luck

Bulldog

·
Registered
369 Posts
Covers

Walmart has a full cover as well, I'm sure the quality isn't nearly as good as the Hondaline or some of the others available but at only $20 and for my purposes it's not bad. It comes with a storage bag and doesn't take up much room.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I work at an industrial site and use the Dowco Guardian E-Z full cover(GEZ-200, XXX large). This cover has a zipper at the rear which makes it really easy to get on/off. Also allows for quick access to bags/trunk. Can be put on hot pipes and completely covers the bike.
I also have the UltraGard touring half cover for the road.

Tell Santa you want both!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Bike Cover

I also have the Dowco XXX and can't say enough good about it. It is plenty big so you you can get it on and off easy, fits nice and looks great. The other thing is the company stands behind their product. I had a Dowco X and developed a small tear in the cover so I called the company up to see what they suggested to fix it and they said there is a lifetime guarantee so send it in, I did and they sent a new one out immediately. Great Service.

My wife made up a cover out of light polyester from the fabric store to throw over the bike while in the garage, it is very lite, easy on/off and stops the dust from getting on the bike. If anyone wants to know how she made it let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info!

There's nothing better than getting first-hand experience, especially when it's free!

Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the Dowco with attached alarm. I only use the alarm when parking at a motel overnight, but it does add a little peace of mind.

G

·
0 Posts
I've got a Dowco Protector. It fits well and performs like it should. Got a great deal from Hal as I recall. It's been a couple years but it wound up costing about 50% of retail. I think he was having a sale.

FWIW

Rob (from Hoosierville)

·
Registered
60 Posts
) have had good luck with the Dowco Guardian,although the G-150 that i used on our GL1500 is a little snug on the 18. it was replaced once under warranty for Arizona sun rot,no questions asked. You have to ship it to them prepaid and they send you a new one in a week or so. The one we got about a year ago was thicker and more heavy-duty than the old one we shipped back. i use it every day at work because i dont have covered parking where i work. the Guardian line is pretty much waterproof. wouldn't leave home without it.IMHO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guardian EZ

Try Dowco, the Guardian EZ cover. Just bought one from Tonker.com on sale. $103.00
You want the biggest one they make. Fits well, easy on and off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts