GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Garmin IQue3600 is the most versatile GPS unit I have ever used. The integrated GPS/Palm has all of the features of the 2610 and a whole lot more for less money. Same screen, same GPS features, same turn by turn routing, etc. in a shirt pocket size. I purchased a RAM mounting for this unit to go on my GL1800 and gave it the sun test this week. I'll admit it is no match for direct sun but I could still read most of the screen data in spite of the bright day. If the unit is set to navigate and connected to your audio system, You really don't need to see it anyway. Cover it with a zip lock bag and it's water proof!! I take my IQue3600 into the restrauant, motel or house and browse maps, set routes, calculate mileage, log information into the date book, update addresses and location data, log mileage, fuel use..etc. Internal battery is sufficient for most portible use if you manage the backlight. I would suggest buying a big memory card to load detail maps, mp3s (yes it has a digital voice recoreder and MP3 player) and the car cradle/power supply for your car. Ram has mounts and Garmin has a simple power cord for cigarette lighter or power port. By the way I don't work for Garmin but I do travel a lot for business and this thing is awesome...JMHO 8)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I do not want to make anyone sick but for all the $$$$$$$$ you spend on the unit and memory have you looked at the magellan 700?
No memory needed, no uploading of maps, it is all there. pretty cool unit in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Harry, glad to hear you like the Ique. Jmac and I are in the process of getting one for our bike. We have a Pam IIIxe and figure now is a good time to upgrade. Price and feature wise you can't beat it. Good to hear a positive review. :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i also have an ique 3600, and like it a lot.

it has a larger screen than the 2610, and also the map runs the other way.

if i were only going to use it on the bike, i would get a 2610 because its watertight.

i use mine everywhere, so portable is very useful.

loren

G

·
I guess I'm in the "me too" category with the iQue. Have really grown attached to it. Number one complaint I have is that it isn't waterproof but I figure I can get over that. Ordering my RAM mount for the wing in the next week or two. Can't really compare it to any other GPS since I've never had another one. All I can say about the GPS is that it does everything I wanted and does it well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts