GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Thanks for your responses. Functionality (reducing wind noise) is more important than price; head shape is oval.
Arai Signet (Made specifically for oval shaped heads) would be by far the best fit and most quiet. Nothing is even close.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Shoei GT Air....its very comfortable for my oval head...rated by most reviewers as being one of the most quiet helmets on the market right now....and it is quiet.... fit and finish is first rate as you would expect from a Shoei. Fit is snug...the Shoei GT Air has a smaller opening than most helmets and is snug when putting on the helmet...the opening is smaller to help seal off the road noise.... that smaller opening at first might tempt you to go to the next size up...but don't because the GT Air is sized correctly and as with all helmets it will break in and loosen up...Read up on how to correctly size your helmet. I road for years in helmets that were one size too large before I learned how to correcty size a helmet...just never gave it much thought and went by how easily the helmet went on my head....wrong...if your helmet doesn't feel snug ...it's too big. The Shoei GT Air...very comfortable and quiet....sure it's expensive , but quality always is...it's all about the details and materials used in a premium helmet.... you get what you pay for.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/gt-air/review.htm

·
Registered
148 Posts
+1 on the Schuberth. I tried on one couple of weeks ago at Moto Liberty and was very impressed. It is supposed the be the quietest modular helmet available. Its on my short list to buy.
Quietest one I have ever owned and I've had many......

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
IMHO a properly fitting Schuberth C3Pro is the quietest helmet available.

also available in womens style.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts