GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided that after 18 months on my DCT Tour I need to consider adding highway pegs. My knees get sore after a few hours. Anyway, I’ve looked at the Goldstrike adjustable pegs and they look like a possibility, but before I pull the trigger I’d like to hear some opinions about other options.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I tried the Goldstrike units thought they were too low, others seem to like them. I went with the National Cycle comfort bars and Kuryakyn pegs I already had, a ton of different positions are possible and added tip over protection.

Attachments

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the Goldstrike pegs. They are very adjustable. In that I don't lean the bike over that far most of the time, their mounting has not been an issue for me. Yes, I did once scrap the right footpad at the very edge, but that was an unusual curve - decreasing radius, off camber right turn and I entered the curve faster than I normally would. If I wanted to go back to knee-dragging, WFO running, I'd likely bought a BMW RR1000 or something along those lines. If you're looking for something that's really hard to scrape, you'll need to mount the pegs fairly high. Some of the boys have shown this 'Wing can lay over fairly far and you can scrape the tip over bars. YMMV.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Beachcomber highway boards. I’m pleased in that I can put my foot in lots of positions. These won’t do well with shorter legs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I like the RIVCOs but some may not like due to their narrow profile

Reactions: patterp

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an email from Kuryakyn saying their Highway Pegs will be out in September or October. They were shown earlier this year and to me are the best looking. I’m holding out for them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Retired Guy,
My only advice is to be very careful about mounting ANYTHING below the stock tip over bars. Clearance in a lean could be significantly reduced by doing so. This is the primary reason I went with the Rivcos, though there are other products that look like they mount above the tipover bars. Bob2002's solution appears to do this.

Good luck!

Reactions: Phoenix599

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am concerned about any pegs that mount too low. I ride responsibly but on occasion will get leaned over enough where anything mounted too low could be a problem. I’m 5’10” with a 30 inch inseam

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have the Beachcomber highway boards. I’m pleased in that I can put my foot in lots of positions. These won’t do well with shorter legs.

How tall are you? I'm looking at these and was wondering if I needed the extra bars that move them forward or backward. I like the clean look of these and tip over is not concern on my trike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Goldstrike pegs work well for me, lots of adjustment & they look great on the bike. I am a senior & don't ride too aggressive, so far no issues.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Mic-O-Pegs have been great for me. Great stretch for my legs and never had any issues with clearance in corners.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mic-O-Pegs have been great for me. Great stretch for my legs and never had any issues with clearance in corners.
Would you mind popping it up on the center stand and having someone snap a couple pics with your feet in them?

And what is you inseam?

·
Registered
998 Posts

I have a set and they are OK in a curve when folded up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How tall are you? I'm looking at these and was wondering if I needed the extra bars that move them forward or backward. I like the clean look of these and tip over is not concern on my trike.

I’m 5’ 10” and can reach well with the boards moved back on the existing bar, with my riding boots on. The picture was taken before I slid them back a little.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Would you mind popping it up on the center stand and having someone snap a couple pics with your feet in them?

And what is you inseam?
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I'll be back home in a couple of days and post a pic. 32" inseam and 5'11".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts