GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things are looking up! After having to sell the Wing last fall, I just landed my dream job, so I'm moving to Vegas and a new Wing is in my future. Any suggestions on who should get my business?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
PM Matt. Matt(BCNV)
He lives in Boulder City and can steer you in the right direction

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
If I were to be in the market for a new wing I would search the entire Country for the best price/ deal and go get it and ride it back.... Otherwise you will have to deal with our local dealerships....http://www.ridenowboulder.com/

Personally I would buy my wing elsewhere.....

Matt(BCNV):thumbup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I wasn't impressed with either one.. Had a problem while riding through on a trip, neither was too interested in helping..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with Matt. Id go elsewhere first. From what it looks like just from the web address, the dealer in Boulder is the same as in Vegas. I bought mine from the Dealer on Rancho. No test rides at all, period. I paid, and I will admit it, 24k for the bike when I bought it. Didn't think at all to shop around. I actually went back later on to complain about the high price after i realized it...they said everyone on here lies about how much they paid for their toys...because 'thats what guys do'.

Months later, I asked if they would price match for parts, They said they would. I brought in the prices from HDL...they said they would not match as they couldnt get the parts for that cheap...and that HDL "must be selling remanufactured parts instead of original new"

Part of the high price was a VIP thing for the service...would get me to the front of the line for bike work in their shop. I still had to wait there for 4 hours one day for an oil change.

·
Registered
931 Posts
We also have Ride Now Powersports dealers here in Az. I would not let them touch my bike. Take Matts advice and shop nationwide. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Ditto the other reports. I take mine to Green Valley Motorcycles here in Henderson. He's not a dealer. He IS Honda certified and factory trained. He won't sell you a bike, all he'll do is repair it right and at a fair price. The local Ride Now Honda/Yamaha shop sends him work.

BTW, the local dealer was actually decent before they merged their shops together into a superstore. They DID price match and would meet Hal's prices. They squealed and complained, but after assuring me that they'd meet or beat anyone's prices on tires and I sent them to Hal's website, they DID meet his prices for the tires I REALLY needed. All of those guys are gone now though.

If you do buy here, as Ziggy said, do not get suckered into their VIP plan. They will try to sell you an extended (non-Honda) warranty with a preventive maintenance plan. The maintenance plan isn't bad actually and is a decent value. But the extended warranty is only good at their dealerships. If you're on the road, YOU pay for the work and then try to get the insurance company to reimburse you.

Personally, I'd be buying my new wing from Hal and breaking it in on the way home. :)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
An old friend of mine owns Northland Motorsports in Flagstaff. 928-526-7959.
Joe is his youngest son and manager of this store.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the tips, guys.

I didn't even realize that Hal sold bikes.:shock:

Maybe that bears some looking into. When I said the Las Vegas area, I meant somewhere within a comfortable days ride. So, say with 500 miles of Vegas. I'll only have two days off to make this happen, so what say you, riders of the highway? Does this open any doors?

Once again; thanks for playin'.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The website appears to be down... But here's an entry for them on motorcycle-usa.com.

A day's ride from Las Vegas covers all of Southern and Central California, Arizona and most if not all of Utah and Colorado.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Are you looking for new or used?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Maybe that bears some looking into. When I said the Las Vegas area, I meant somewhere within a comfortable days ride. So, say with 500 miles of Vegas. I'll only have two days off to make this happen, so what say you, riders of the highway? Does this open any doors?

I bought my 06, and 12 at OTDcyclesports.com in Inglewood, CA. The price they offer, is the price you pay OUT THE DOOR. I couldn't find anyone in the greater Los Angeles area that was willing to go down as low as they were with a no-haggle pricing. When I bought my 06, I walked in with a check from my bank as well as a down payment. 30 minutes later I was riding away. The 2012 went about the same, but I had to get approved on the trade-in. Only upselling they tried to do was to offer the warranty. I knew I could get it cheaper from Hal, so I passed. If you can find a better deal, take it. Flying somewhere and riding it home was not an option for me. If you buy it out of state, make sure you know the details of transferring a bike you bought out of state. In CA they sure make it expensive.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Things are looking up! After having to sell the Wing last fall, I just landed my dream job, so I'm moving to Vegas and a new Wing is in my future. Any suggestions on who should get my business?

Sent from my DROIDX
I would certainly give RideNow Powersports at 3800 N. Rancho Drive in Vegas the opportunity to sell you one. I say this after my experience dealing with their parts and service departments. They matched the online price for front fender parts, replaced the front fork seals under extended warrenty and sold me two Stones for $400.00 installed on the bike.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Hal doesn't sell bikes, he's retired.;)

But the store does :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts