GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I am a fan of Best Western. I can always find one,they are always clean,and always have some sort of breakfast.They usually have a choice of places to eat withing walking distance. Not the cheapest,but not the most expensive,either.

In Riverside CA the manager there insisisted that I move the bike to where they could see it with the security camera and in Union Gap WA the manager there insisted I park under the awning next to the front door so the front desk staff could watch it!

The only disappointing experience I have ever had at a BW was in Florida,and even that wasn't horrible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm a big fan on Choice Hotels (Econo Lodge, Confort Inn, Quality Inn, amongst others). Right now they are giving stay two nights get the third free. Here is a link to their site: http://www.choicehotels.com.

I have never had a dirty one and they all serve something for breakfast. The ones that are around $100 a night usually have hot breakfasts. The ones around $60 a night usually just have a continental breakfast.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
For discounts the best "card" is Corporate Lodging Card (CLC).
Google them up. I've used them for years for business & play.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a big fan on Choice Hotels (Econo Lodge, Confort Inn, Quality Inn, amongst others). Right now they are giving stay two nights get the third free. Here is a link to their site: http://www.choicehotels.com.

I have never had a dirty one and they all serve something for breakfast. The ones that are around $100 a night usually have hot breakfasts. The ones around $60 a night usually just have a continental breakfast.
Ditto on ChoiceHotels. Great web site, very user friendly. Best of all, VERY forgiving cancellation policy (case you don't cover the miles that day)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Suggestions for cheap hotels in the NW?
The following works nation wide and is offered for your elucidation at no charge....what could be better?

Step 1. Go to Walmart and buy a fairly dark lipstic.
Step 2. Check into any hotel you want, at any price range, ask for the presidential suite if so inclined. Give them your credit card....don't worry.
Step 3. Get a good night sleep.
Step 4. In the morning when you get up put a whole bunch of red lipstick spots on your body.
Step 5. Run downstairs in your shorts to the front desk and scream - "What are you going to do about the bed bugs in room # (yell your room number)".
Step 6. Get the refund on your credit card, (you may even get a free extra night) mount the wing and you are on your way.
Step 7. Stop at a roadside rest stop and clean the red spots.
Step 8. Repeat as necessary the following night(s).

Also....for cheap eating - the following 8 step guarranteed process

Step 1. get a plastic horse fly or roach, keep in pocket.
Step 2. Order any food you want,
Step 3. Enjoy your meal
Step 4. just before you plate is finished put the fly or roach on the plate (upside down is the preffered position)
Step 5. call the waiter over.....
Step 6. Parrot the famous line "Waiter...there is a fly / roach in my food!!!"
Step 7. Bingo....your meal check is voided.
Step 8. Repeat as necessary for proper nutrition.

Important note - do not try the cheap eating process in a Chinese restaurant....they will just charge you more for the extra protein (in addition to the dog meat that is!!!).

The above is an excerpt from my new upcoming book - "Motorcycle travel for people who spent all their money on chrome".

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Actually any card works the same. They all say you get a discount but there usually any difference. The best thing is find a chain that gives you a free nights stay after you stay a few nights.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
For discounts the best "card" is Corporate Lodging Card (CLC).
Google them up. I've used them for years for business & play.
:agree: http://www.clclodging.com/ i have used them quite a few times with good results :thumbup:

sounds like Hunzee is heading out on a big trip :thumbup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
110 nights in a hotel so far this year. I like consistancy, with most chains you have that.
I dont stay at motel 6 or super 8 unless I have to, they are a little less expensive for a reason.
I dont mind paying a little more for a few extra perks but what I have found is calling ahead and talking with the manager I can get a good rate if I am staying during the week instead of the weekend.
I have been a fan of Best westerns for a while now, Holiday inns and Holiday inn express are clean and comfy too.
The regular room rate at one Best Western I stay at $89.95 since I stay there often I get the room with a whirlpool and a king sized bed for $34.50.
most hotels give you 10 points per dollar spent, it varies on what a free room goes for.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts

:agree: With the "Choice Hotel" chain. I just completed a trip to the NW including ID, WA and OR and I used Choice Hotels exclusively my entire trip. If you are an AMA member, you get a significant discount and if you are a "Choice Privileges" member, your points go toward free nights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts