GL1800Riders Forums banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,545 Posts
Interesting video. And for sure one off a million woman with some special skills. But never would let my wife ride my bike like this >:)
There are a few gals around my neck of the woods that can handle a wing and an HD quite well.

:doorag:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I don't know how some guys can doubt the motorcycle riding skills of women nowadays...

Hey! women are now free to commit the same crimes as men, fight in the same stinking war as men, and all together make a jerk out themselves just like men.

Its called Women Liberation Freedom.

...why folks, them Saudi guys can't even hold back from driving a car anymore.

...I can see some of you guys have never had a daughter!...that's where that macho crap stops right there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
60 year old male fighting with a 23 year old female with a concealed carry permit.
Sounds justified to me, she certainly feared for her life.
I doubt if LEO's will charge her.
Thank you 2A.....>:)
I'm with ya!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I was talking about the 2018 review video. yea really, I thought it was good from the point of view it was being given by someone who claimed not to be interested in buying one.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was talking about the 2018 review video. yea really, I thought it was good from the point of view it was being given by someone who claimed not to be interested in buying one.
:smile2:

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Honestly.... I think that simply a Gold Wing is too heavyweight for an average woman.
Farmgal switched from a metric V-twin to a wing because the lower centre of gravity made it easier to handle at parking lot speed and the wider-flatter torque curve makes it much easier to deal with on twisty roads requiring a lot of accel/decel.

The plus for the cruiser was the lower seat height....

·
Registered
83 Posts
You’re right, Farmguy, the handling of a Gold Wing is great. But my wife for example would be scared alone of the size...

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
You’re right, Farmguy, the handling of a Gold Wing is great. But my wife for example would be scared alone of the size...
Farmgal was too...wouldn't even sit in the driver's seat...

...but after deciding to try it, there was no going back.

All that said, I do agree everyone should only operate what they are comfortable with.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow! Catch up man

Honestly.... I think that simply a Gold Wing is too heavyweight for an average woman.
What a terribly ignorant and sexist comment! You have obviously never been to any competition-type events where there are women who ride circles around both of us.

Weight has nothing to do with it. I submit that center of gravity does, but if you know how to ride, you know how to ride!

I've seen some women that OWNED the much heavier 2nd Gen GW's.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a terribly ignorant and sexist comment! '
Why are you so aggressive and offensive? I am not talking about the riding skills of women. Only about the physically fact that women have about 25 % less the muscle mass of a man. And therefore many women are scared to ride such a big machine. My wife is a brave Canadian but would be scared to ride it.

BTW... Are you a member of the „me too“ campaign?:grin2:

101 - 120 of 159 Posts