GL1800Riders Forums banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
A Bagger shoot out without a Goldwing 6 speed manual? That's like talking about boxing without including Ali ain't it?

How about the DCT? >
Then there would be no contest then...

The manual may give the testers the congenial bitch about some feature for the report so they don’t sound like all positive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Waiting for another Honda that will have all the things you feel Honda missed on the 2018 will be a long wait. Safe to say you will never see it. Times are changing and so has the average motorcycle owner.
I’m not disagreeing with your points as they are all valid and I feel the same way about many of your concerns.

Beagle

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a good video.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I just have gotten one. But I got spooked by the fiasco with the forks and the GPS limitations

I have already spent more money than one ought too fixing Honda's ineffective forks...on two Wings

A third one right off the floor was too much for me.

Maybe next year...then again, the wobbling forks have been around since dirt.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's two other great videos

·
Registered
998 Posts
I just have gotten one. But I got spooked by the fiasco with the forks and the GPS limitations

I have already spent more money than one ought too fixing Honda's ineffective forks...on two Wings

A third one right off the floor was too much for me.

Maybe next year...then again, the wobbling forks have been around since dirt.
Yes, you have been spooked. The suspension is fine and the GPS works too if you learn to work within the limitations, or this fall use CarPlay.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think the presenter is Romanian. I got a kick out of his enthusiasm.
It is a Romanian bike from Bucarest and driving the transfagarasan pass in Romania. The transfagarasan pass is world famous because of the Romania tour episode on BBC Top Gear, which Top Gear claimed most spectacular driving road.

I drove the transfagaran twice on my previous 2013 airbag, once under similar conditions like the presenter in September which became scary on the icy roads on the top of the pass. In the same area is the Transalpina, which is in my opinion a nicer twistier road for motorcycles then the transfagaran, but less spectacular for the scenary.

Reactions: JamieMac
121 - 140 of 159 Posts