GL1800Riders Forums banner
161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
10,043 Posts
Too funny - my range on 2018 is anywhere between 250 - 304 miles between fill ups with most around 275-282. On my 2001 and on my 2008 I never got 40mpg and always filled at 200 miles.
Pretty much my experience too..but my 2003 did get better mileage back in 03 and a few years after before they started using the ethanol in the fuel..but most of the 15 years I rode my 03 it got around 38mpg.....but this 2018 has exceeded my expectations with its fuel mileage and range...I've seen 52 mpg at times pulling my Bushtec.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

I starve so much for technical info I will watch in Japanese for a new glimpse of something interesting. There is a good overhead view that really drives hone just how much more compact the engine is compared to the previous gen. See it at 9:16 of this video. When will we see something like this for the rest of the world to enjoy? I would love to see a HD video showing the manufacture and assembly of a new Wing like the BMW ones I have seen.
Thanks for sharing the video. I had to fast forward the last half but my take away is that a new Premium Gold Wing might soon become available. I don't want to pay a dealer to install my accessories but I am in no hurry to go thru it again. Honda leaves a lot of money on the table for 3rd parties and if they installed a bunch of accessories at the factory they ought to do it. I installed mine and everything is great but I'd have more faith in factory installed accessories. I have 40,500 miles (approx) on it and still enjoying both the local and long distance. Its fine with passenger for the weekend but anything longer some extra's (like the larger trunk and larger bags) are needed for longer journeys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
These videos are great! Let me ask here, anyone seen the Honda Promotional poster with a 1975 gl1000 on the left, facing a new 2018+ GL1800 on the right? I ask at each dealership and they really are keeping that a secret. Having owned a 1975, and now a 2022, I would love this poster that nobody has info on how to get one???? Let me know if anyone gets a line on one.

·
Registered
2018 GL1800B Six speed
22 Posts
These videos are great! Let me ask here, anyone seen the Honda Promotional poster with a 1975 gl1000 on the left, facing a new 2018+ GL1800 on the right? I ask at each dealership and they really are keeping that a secret. Having owned a 1975, and now a 2022, I would love this poster that nobody has info on how to get one???? Let me know if anyone gets a line on one.
Are these the droids you are looking for?
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

161 - 168 of 168 Posts