GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the write-up and update. I have a cheap phone mount that works, but bounces everywhere and won't stay straight. Drives me nuts! I just ordered the parts to put your setup together, so by next week I should be set. The nice thing about what you've put together is it offers options for mounting locations. I don't care for having a lot of stuff hanging off the handle bars, but by adding the Ram adhesive ball to the backside of my Madstad windshield base, I can place this mount along the dash. This mirrors my Sat radios location and keeps everything organized. Thanks again
I think you’ll like it. The only thing we’re learning is that everything needs
to be assembled nice and tight or use some red locktite to keep it all in place...

Please let us know what you think after you use it for a bit.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yes...use the Loctite! Works great.

I bought another set to use in my truck. Another X-Mount thrown over the fence! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Well, the parts came in and I've put them together. This is far...….far superior to what I've been using. Sorry for the sideways pics. Sorry, tried to retake a couple pics and had to deal with the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Nice! Thought you’d like it... I love mine!

How is your forward ball mounted? Is it just a stick-on or...?

Hope you got all the screws nice and tight. That is the only complaint anyone has had so far, and that is fairly simple to resolve...

Ride safe!

Dang.... looks my videos and pics dumped again... reposting.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have poor internet in my area, but the download for video said it would take 1 hour. Really would like to see it but not that bad.Any other way?
The videos have been reloaded at a much smaller resolution... can’t get them to stream...?. Thanks for your patience.

Getting lots of feedback via PM of people discovering the mount and loving it... hope this helps...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ram

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Open to the conversation?

What exactly about the RAM do you like? Is it the two handed operation with 6-8 in/out cycle operations (4 rubber band corners)? Or is it the fact that over a hard jolt the phone will bounce cornerwise? Or is it the random up/down audio button pushes distracting you from driving? Or....

If you don’t like this one, why? Please offer your insight! (Seriously!)

Conversations are beneficial. I’m open to having them, because I get smarter when I talk to people who see things differently!

Ride safe! Have LOTS of smiles! Wish you the best!

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Nice! Thought you’d like it... I love mine!

How is your forward ball mounted? Is it just a stick-on or...?

Hope you got all the screws nice and tight. That is the only complaint anyone has had so far, and that is fairly simple to resolve...

Ride safe!

Dang.... looks my videos and pics dumped again... reposting.
Yeah, mine uses the Ram stick on ball attached to the base for my Madstad windshield. I applied Loctite to the threads on the ball attached to the Ulanzi mount. This is so much more solid than the previous mount, and being closer to my field of vision, I don't have to look down to see a GPS map or touch the screen to answer a call.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
6 Posts
These links no longer work. I like the looks of the mount. How about just giving us the make/model and let us look it up.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Ulanzi st-02s mount
Ram-B237U male ball
Ram-B337U female ball, plus the necessary bolt to mount it to your master cylinder cover
Ram dual socket arm (pick whatever length you want)
Loctite to secure the threads on the 2 ball mounts

These parts should duplicate what revrunt shows in his pictures.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Got the required parts and installed it on the bike yesterday. A ride confirmed it’s awesome! My x-mount had a built in USB power hardwired to the bike. My next step is to find a iPhone lightning cable that can be hardwired into the bike.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Got the required parts and installed it on the bike yesterday. A ride confirmed it’s awesome! My x-mount had a built in USB power hardwired to the bike. My next step is to find a iPhone lightning cable that can be hardwired into the bike.
Thought you’d like it!

My charging cable is threaded from the cig lighter through the side of the left box from the inside. It goes from there through a hole drilled in the tunnel liner, wire tired to the brake lines on the front of the triple tree and up through the right handlebar. My wire is also used as a tether and uses a loop that takes the vibration out of the cord and connector... will post a pic later....

I also have located a waterproof usb outlet that I’ll be posting about later... it may/may not be for everybody...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not trying to be a smartass, but I find these to be the best phone holder. :smile2:
That would make it even more dangerous to text and search for destinations while riding ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am definitely going to check this out. My phone blew off my X mount going 75 on the interstate in Oklahoma. Luckily, it was in an Otterbox and there was no damage to the phone. I wrote Otterbox thanking them for great product.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The best one is SHUT OFF, put in pocket or glove box, let the answering service take the call and call them back when you are off the bike.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Not trying to be a smartass, but I find these to be the best phone holder. :smile2:
Some people like myself use the phone for GPS.

I am definitely going to check this out. My phone blew off my X mount going 75 on the interstate in Oklahoma. Luckily, it was in an Otterbox and there was no damage to the phone. I wrote Otterbox thanking them for great product.

WOW!!! Never had my to come loose from my X mount even going triple digits. :nojoke: All tough mine has the rubber tether so it is locked in on all four corners.

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some people like myself use the phone for GPS.

WOW!!! Never had my to come loose from my X mount even going triple digits. :nojoke: All tough mine has the rubber tether so it is locked in on all four corners.
It is possible I didn’t have it on there properly. I was going cross country and made a lot of gas stops, removing my phone each time.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Reactions: tamathumper
21 - 40 of 45 Posts