GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
ON THE NEW MOUNT (BEST PHONE HOLDER) MY PHONE WANTS TO "WALK" ITS WAY OUT . HAVE RUBBER CASE ON IT AND NO MATTER HOW TITE I GET IT AFTER X AMOUNT OF MILES PHONE MOVES ! ?? STILL USE MY MAGNET MOUNT WHEN WANTING TO DO PICS WHILE GOING THRU " PICTURESQUE " PLACES :surprise::grin2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really like the Ulanzi St 02S mount, but when I do not have my phone in the mount the thumb screw works it way out.

This morning on the way to work, it landed in my lap. Luckily I was at a stop sign in the neighborhood and was able to put the thumbscrew back in and tighten it up.

I think I am going to add a small spring under the screw head to keep it from rotating loose when the mount is not loaded.
I am hoping the spring does not interfere with the clamp when the phone is mounted.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got the Scoshe mag mount on the Goldwing and Ducati, it works great. The rubber is easily put in place, and the phone can be inserted removed with one hand. It is pre-formed to the phone, rather than just being rubber straps that you have to stretch around the corners. I had the X-Grip and tossed it.

Also, rubber holding the phone seems to absorb a lot of vibration, I have not had the IPhone camera die as a lot of people are reporting with other mounts.

Lastly, it works with the Scoshe mag mounts I have in the cars, and in my office. It's connected to a Ram ball on the Goldwing, and using the handlebar clamp on the Ducati.

Here's a good picture of the rubber grips:
TerraClamp™ Motorcycle/Bike Handlebar Phone Mount

41 - 45 of 45 Posts