GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for one or two Gerbings heated jacket liners. Where is the best place to buy them, at a local dealer, E-bay or where? I don't think Hal sells them. Thanks

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
They have been expanding their dealer network, so they are easier to find. I haven't found a discounter, but it's nice to be able to try them on before you buy. Don't know what part of NE Pa you're in, but Lebanon Valley Cycle has an ad in KMP for their Gerbings.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Where to buy Gerbings

I bought a complete outfit for my wife on e-bay. Do a search for Gerbing on e-bay. The seller has several items you can make an offer on, everything is new, & you can specify the size you want! The dealer is located in North Jersey. I happen to be in NJ working & stopped by to pick the items up. VERY good people to deal with.

I'm not affiliated with them, just a very satisfied customer :D

Ride Safe,

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I recommend MLDS, Inc. Ask to speak to "Lenny".

He charges the same price as everyone else and will ship free.

MDLS. Inc.
2174 Atco Ave.
Atco, NJ 08004
(856) 768-3500
[email protected]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Venco Wings for mine. Great service.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
i would suggest going to most any large Harley dealler because Gerbings makes Harleys heated clothing, try it on for fit then order it from Gerbings over the phone or internet, if u buy from Harley it comes with a one year warranty, if u buy from Gerbings it has a lifetime warranty

i have only seen it discounted once and that was at a rally that happened to have at least 3 Gerbings dealers competing for the bussiness, they were selling the jacket linner for $180

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I just got finished buying new Gerbings. 1st off, Harley stores are more expensive than Gerbing themselves. They say Harley on the Jackets, if that matters to you. They only go by S,M,L,XL. Not the true Gerbing sizing. BMW stores sell them also. They are a few dollars more than Gerbing also. The guy took about 30 minutes with me to go over everything, so I didnt mind paying an extra $ 3.00 for a jackt liner. I ended up getting my jacket liner and socks with him. They did not have my Dual Permament Controler in stock. I ordered that from Gerbing. The ladies name was Heather. Very nice to work with. Listen to this. She accidently sent me a single Perm Controler. I called her and she said keep the single, you might need it some day, and sent me thre dual with no added expense. If I had to do it all over again. I would just order straight from Gerbing. Nobody is going to be that much lower and then your in the system.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll order two liners and one set of gloves ( for the wife). Should I get the temp controllers or just turn them off and on?

·
Registered
115 Posts
ElBando:

I went the same route as sleddog from the dealer located in NJ. When he puts stuff up for auction he has a make offer deal going too. Of course with colder weather here and winter approaching you may not see this as often.

Definitely get a controller to adjust the temperature.

·
Registered
471 Posts
IMVHO-

Definitely get the controllers!!!!!

On & off = cooking/cold/cooking/cold/cooking/cold, etc., etc.,...

If you have the controllers you'll rarely set them above 1/3-1/2.

(got mine at Venco (located in NH) - good prices, knowledgeable people who use the stuff, and great service)

http://www.vencowings.com/index2.html
(usual disclaimer)

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
i started out with the on-off switch

after about 3 years gave in and bought a used Heat Troller from a board member, WOW what a nice improvment ! works way better than the on-off switch, now i carry the on-off switch for backup just in case the heat troller fails some cold day a long ways from home

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I bought ours directly from Gerbing's.Same price as you will see in most shops.
Their website has detailed instruction on how to measure for correct fit.
http://www.gerbing.com/

I decided in the beginning to go with the controller.My jacket liner gets so hot when it's set on high,I can't imagine having only an on/off switch.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gerbing has great instructions for doing proper measurements. I would consider buying from them directly. I did, but then I only live an hour from the factory so I went there in person.

Carl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts