GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone recently got a good deal on a garmin sp-iii 2610 and care to share price and opinions?

Best I have found so far is $745 including shipping.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I would think that you have the very best price. I just bought two, I shopped for weeks and paid $757 Delivered.

Bulldog

·
Registered
9 Posts
GPS Dealer Recommendation

Flythewing,

If you are looking for a dealer recommendation, try these folks:http://www.gpsdiscount.

I purchased my 2610 from them in October and was very satisfied with their price and how quickly they shipped my order.

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
641 Posts
GPS Discount

Purchased my GPS 2610 two weeks ago from www.GPSDiscount.com. Price was 735 with free shipping plus $3.68 insurance. Make sure you click to change shipping options as it defaults to 2nd day air. 10 minutes after I ordered they emailed me a confirmation. Later that day I was emailed a tracking number from FedEx Ground. Item was delivered two days later with a free T shirt. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ditto on all the above but the price is now 744.00 plus 3.84 insurance and they are not shipping 2nd day air now. That was just during the holidays. Mine was sent ground (free) and received it in 3 days. Also, very satisfied with them and yes they are still sending free t-shirts. Now to figure out how this thing works! :banghead: Still reading the manual. Just got mine.

Crewsn

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Wow, I got ripped by these guys. I bought two 2610's from them on 12/7 for $$754.

Looks like they have dropped $10 bucks. That is good news.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Should probably start a new question but, how good is the street display of all towns. I use the delorme street maps on laptop. Never found the portable units to compare yet. Does the 2610 really have good local maping, or is it strictly major road ways?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2610 street detail

GL03,

Consumer reports tested the Garmin street pilot III (previous model to the 2610) here is what Consumer Reports had to say about the SPIII:

If you want a stand-alone portable, the $1,000 Garmin Street Pilot III provides an easy-to-read color display, excellent guidance, and very easy operation.

I think the 2610 is even easier to operate since Garmin added the touch-screen capability to the 2610.

One of my favorite accessories for my bikes.

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can purchase a SPIII from Walmart for $658.00 but only online. Go to walmart.com and click on sports and fitness and then GPS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts