GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've 2"x1" digital voltmeter and 2018 DCT. Cant find the best place to digital voltmeter.
On my FB7 2017 there is the best place - bottom the grip heater switch on the right shelter!
Any suggestions pls!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to RMW
I like this place, I tryed to place but on right side, but the problem to mount it!
Some extension plate plastic , or else Some explanations more, pls!

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is a reasonably flat spot under there as shown. Clean the plastic well with alcohol. Use a quality industrial strength two sided tape and you should be good to go.

I did not watch the installation but I am pretty sure that is how it was put on there by looking at it. I don't think there was any other mounting process used but if you have concerns you may want to reach out to Electrical Connections and ask if he did anything special. https://electricalconnection.com/

Best of luck

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super easy! So beatiful solution! Good job! Thanks a lot!
You solve the problem to disturb Your eyes with bright light!!

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed this on my bike. Great location, pretty simple install. The voltmeter can be had on fleabay for less than $10. Mine came with a piece of 3M foam tape.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looking for a nice voltmeter for my sportier bike - FJR ;)

My Gen I has a nice EC voltmeter.

Please post an eBay link or PM to me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Are you all are hooking it up directly to the battery so that it displays all the time?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would tie it into the accessory screw on top of the fuse block. That way it only comes on when the switch is turned on so it isn’t pulling any slight amount of draw when bike is off.what about the area above the parking brake on the dct area. Nice and flat but I have no clue what kinda clearance is under that black panel. The 1” round digital marine gauges would be perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts