GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't checked the old speaker database in a while, what are the best upgrade speakers for my 2006. I don't want to do a lot of Fab, just plug the new ones in

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
go to the GL-1800 page of the J&M website at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,

there you will find the most efficient and best performing speaker upgrades for your Gold Wing GL-1800 or 1500 ((all years)) ,,,,,,,

,,, and they are made specifically for each application, (((not just automotive speakers adapted)) ,,,,, right down to the spade lug sizes to plug-in the wires ,,,,

JMJOHN ,,,, [email protected] ,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
:agree:

Everyone's gonna have their own opinion on this... but I gotta say that I agree with John above.

On my '05 model, I've tried Honda's OEM speakers... a set of Polk's that I bought with the amp from Lewis... a set of Sony Xplod's... and finally a set of J&M's.

Of those combinations, I've tried each with & without the amp... and the best sound I've found are the J&M speakers on the stock radio, minus the amp.

So... my amp & the associated wiring is sitting in a box on a shelf in the garage along with a few pair of speakers, and the J&M's are on the bike. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I put J&M in the rear, didnt last a week!
got new replacements...lasted a day! not blown....No sound at all! on all 4 replacements....(they are 3 ohm,I dont no if this is why,or not)
now I have polks slighly short on the holes....just drilled new ones...slight gap I filled in with epoxy (putty type...)

I put 6 1/2" polks in front (DB651) VERY TIGHT fit,but holes match perfectly! I'm talkin,pounding in with a hammer tight!
had to squeeze under a bracket for the windshield...(I think that's what it was...)
bent the outer part of speakers,but all went good! very easy!
I did have to cut off all the speaker wire ends and put new ones on....different size!
Very happy with the sound,but not at first....I disconnected the 2 tweeter cones in the speaker grill....
polks have tweeters in them, and it was too trebbley for me....
I can't say it's much louder, which is fine! it's plenty loud enough! And much clearer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts