GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the best price that I have is $757.77 delivered to 12788 (my door). from GPSdiscount.com

Anybody got a better price?

Wish Ole Hal would start selling them. :cry:

Bulldog

·
Registered
307 Posts
try these folks

I got mine from www.TVNAV.com I checked their web site and you have to call or email for a price but I got a pretty good price from them. :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Costco Internet ad arrived in my e-mailbox today. I saw a Garmin SPIII listed for about $670, plus shipping. I can't imagine that the shipping would be over $30. Betcha' won't be able to beat that price! :!:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just be sure that you are buying the "Street Pilot III Deluxe", it must be the "Deluxe" or you pay extra to activate all the maps in the CD. Caveat Emptor! Also, if you buy it from TV Nav, you can also order a Ram Mount for it. The Ram mount with the U-bolt clamp, will mount directly to your clutch or brake handle mount, but you have to install longer Allen Head bolts.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
There's quite a difference between an SPIII Deluxe and a Garman 2610
The 2610 is alot more advanced. Right now if you can find one between 750 and 800 dollars you are doing good.
**** :yw1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys,

I thank you all for the replies, but most of them were for the SP III, and I was asking about the 2610.

I have an SP III already. I need to purchase an 2610 in time to have it delivered for X-Mas.

Bulldog

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
If they have the best price I would go for it Bulldog. I bought my SP3 from them and they seem like a great company. :yes1:

·
Registered
403 Posts

GPSCITY.COM will match or beat any delivered price, or so they claim. You might want to check them. I'm personally going to wait until around May and get the SPIII when it gets down to about $450. :lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
TVNAV lists the 2610 for $780. Sometime this month, there will be a mount which has an audio jack in it for connecting to an external system. TVNAV has that listed for an additional $35.[/u]

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd like to know

Bulldog, did you order it or not? I looked at the 2610 also, and I also have the SP111, but I like the touch screen and memory card change. I have had a regular SP Colormap, and now the SP111, and if Garmin has made the 2610 even better that that, I will be very pleased. I have the NavTech system in my Lincoln Blackwood and find the SP111 much easier to use, so I rarely turn the NavTech system on at all. I'll bet if I had all three going at the same time, I might be able to find my way around my neighborhood! :D
I'm quite certain I'll order a 2610 very soon. Thanks for finding out where the cheapest price is so far.

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Not sure if I like this part :( I use mine away from the power lots of time when I'm playing.
"it is designed without internal batteries and operates ONLY when plugged into an external 10 to 24vdc power source"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Costco has a Coleman Powermate 12V Power pack for $20. I has accepts any 12V plug. This small portable NiCad battery pack would power the 2610 for several hours.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bulldog, your turn, now

Got one (2610) at West Marine today for 739.95 + tax. I realize without tax I could have saved a couple of bucks buying from internet, but getting my hands on it today, well that's worth something to me, and the gentleman there at West Marine was great to work with too. Packaged with pretty much all you need to get started. Nice to have an AC power adapter come with it since it uses no batteries. I'll check it out and let you know what I think compared to the SP111 I have.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK OK OK, I did it. I took the plunge today. I finally ordered 2X Garmin 2610. Boy is Meesh going to be surprised. :oops: :money1: :cop2:

After watching Ebay like a hawk. Worrying if Garmin would honor the warranty etc. I gave up. :banghead:

Here is where I got the best price!

http://gpsdiscount.com/products/index.html?p=769#accessories

I hope that Meesh understands that the one I am keeping, is for her. :coolit:

The other one goes to my buddy Dr. Rob. :1st: :bow:

Bulldog :crew:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts