GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Hal has changed his site and removed the pricing for GW's due to availability and demand.

Any recommendations for the BEST in dealer pricing on a new wing? I live in KC... but can travel if needed. I would like to purchase in the next two weeks, looking for 2004 in Black.

Thanks,

Darren

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
Isn't there a big Goldwing player in Chanute(?), Kansas? They advertise some great prices.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Another vote for Honda of Chanute, KS.

My buddy bought one there, good price and good people.

www.hondaofchanute.com

They are also listing new GL1800's on eBay. Looks like they are selling 2003's for $14,699 on eBay.

http://tinyurl.com/3c5eg

H

·
0 Posts
We just can't get any new 2004 Gold Wings fast enough to satisfy the sales that we are getting. From what I understand the rest of the country is experiencing the same thing. Good luck on finding the color that you want. They are out there, its just going to take some leg work.

Normally we would have 6 to 10 Gold Wings on the floor in Miami but as of today we have one unit on display.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Check with Bluff Honda in Poplar Bluff, MO. I found he had the best price in the closest 5-6 states when I bought mine.

Call Matt Griffin at 573-785-0146.

Standard disclaimers, not associated with them, etc.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Try Jay at NY Honda. He has pulled the rabbit out of the hat before. The going price for 04 ABS should just under 17K and right around 16K without. If 04s are really that scarce, the prices may be up just a little. Their website is www.nyhonda.com or call Jay at 877-88HONDA. He is a straight shooter.

Tell him Bob C (silver '02 and white '04) told you to call.

Buy your accessories from HDL. Hal provides this site and you won't beat his prices.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I purchased my 2002 from Honda of Chanute in March 2003. Very nice folks, easy to deal with. Surprisingly large inventory of bikes. I bought mine over the phone and when I arrived in Chanute, it was waiting for me. Cruise worked correctly, tires had correct pressure, mechanic even taught me how to check oil and coolant (and verified it was the correct level). I would recommend them based on my experience. Added bonus for me was the 400 mile "break-in" ride home.

markie

·
Registered
325 Posts
$15,400 Honda of Sumter, Sumter, SC (803) 469-3598 Ted Lowe is the Salesman. :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Last May at the GWRRA District Rally in Branson MO Procycle in Springfield MO was selling new black 2003s for $13,999. Give Zane Stevenson a call ~ 417-874-2000 -- Sue

·
Registered
184 Posts
Best Price on GL1800

I bought a Black 2004 GL1800A from Motosports in Jonesboro, GA from Jonathan May on Feb 18th over the phone for $16,600 and they gave me a deal on the CB and Ergo Pegs. The Service Dept. prepped the bike and I rode out on schedule and on price. They were very professional and friendly. It was a very pleasant experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Best Price on GL1800

I bought a Black 2004 GL1800A from Motosports in Jonesboro, GA from Jonathan May on Feb 18th over the phone for $16,600 and they gave me a deal on the CB and Ergo Pegs. The Service Dept. prepped the bike and I rode out on schedule and on price. They were very professional and friendly. It was a very pleasant experience.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Even though Hal has very Low inventory, I think that I would give him a call. That mans deals are incredible.

Bulldog

·
Registered
279 Posts
Best Prices

I recommend doing some good research and giving you local dealers within 75 miles the chance to match prices. Also, if you get a good price from a local dealer ask him to give you the names of other recent customers. Contact them and see if they are happy with the service they received. Sometimes saving two or three hundred bucks is not worth the hassle of driving and putting up with the extra expense over the long haul of ownership. Be prepared for poor service if you purchase your bike from a foreign dealer in order to save a few bucks and then expect your local dealer to Welcome You With Open Arms for service and WARRANTY WORK. Remember: Dealers have to make a small profit to stay in BUSINESS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies!

I'll be hearing back on financing tomorrow. I'll definitly will give Hal a call first. He and I have done business in the past while I was customizing my 94 Honda Magna, The Prymal Urge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts