GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best price on a CB for the GL1800A ? :)

Mike C. (blackhawk)
SCRC# 6131

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
HO-7057276
Honda 40 channel CB radio kit for GL1800. (THESE ARE NEW VERSION). FREE SHIPPING. 08E95-MCA-101

Retail Price: $791.00
Our Price: $599.00

HO-6610604
Honda CB antenna for the GL1800. FREE SHIPPING.

Retail Price: $135.00
Our Price: $106.95

Install is a cake walk. These are the prices from Hondadirectline, our sponsor

Bulldog

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got mine from Hal and had it installed. best price and safest! IMO

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
No one had the price that Hal had. Same with the CD player. No one was even close. Free freight, no tax and had it in a week. JMO

:sw1:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Did a lot of looking and none came close to Hal's price. Ditto on the Sierra antenna as well. I love the one I have, never cared much for the dual antenna look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Antena

When sierra first came out with the antena some said you couldn't pick up am and weather band very well. Is this still a problem?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
jsmc,

Your suspicions are correct. The folks at Sierra will tell you the same, if you ask them.

I don't think that I have ever listened to the Am or WX channel. Come to think of it, i don't think I have ever listened to the RADIO.

But I never want to loose that what I already have.

Bulldog

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CB Radio

OK, i have only had a wing for a little over a week.... so this Tennessee Ridgerunner doesn't know what Hal is ? :?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hal Greenlee is the sponser of this board and owns Honda Directline.
Click on any of his logo's you find on the board. Great prices and service.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hal & HDL!!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Blackhawk ..... ditto on Hal - best price, best shipping, best service. I tried the cheap route last spring ... used a handheld 40 channel with a remote mike for a ride to Tennessee ... after I got back I looked and nobody could beat Hal. I got the CB and the Hondaline antenna ... and couldn't be happier with it. No more funmbling with a mike clamped to my collar ... now I can keep both hands on the bar .... and when I key the mike, people can actually hear me instead of road noise.
I went with the Hondaline for two reasons ... I'm happy with the look of the matched antennas ... and I have two separate antennas with two separate purposes. The Sierra uses a splitter ... which sucks the life out of the radio signals ... especially the weather band. Since the weather band comes in handy when travelling (wish I'd remembered it when I went down to the Gathering in AR!) ... I see no reason to "disable " functionality that is built into the stereo system.
Oh, by the way ... Welcome! 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CB Radio.... answers

To ALL that has taken the time to teach me and welcome me, many, many thanks.... i understand about the site now.... and the deals..... i greatly appreciate it.... maybe someday i can return the favor..... or when your riding your wing thru middle tennessee give me a ring.... if i am not deployed i will help or chat... whichever is needed....

Mike Crenshaw
Murfreesboro, TN
615-904-9851
SCRC #6131

Black Hawk Technical Inspector
Army Aviation Support Facility #1 :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts