GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I am new to this part of the board,due to the fact,that I usually cannot get much time off.I have from this coming Thursday,Thanksgiving,to Sunday.We live in Jackson,MS. and plan to day ride out of Murphy,North Carolina.
Would like any ones opinions,about their favorite roads in the area,and why.We already know the more popular Dragon and Cherohala Skyway.
Any info would be appreciated and we are not making motel reservations,as we do not want to be hidered by "having " to be somewhere at any particular time.
Used to be that way when I was younger,but prefer reservations,but my 10 year younger bride,thinks different,and if she is willing to ride,I'm listening,knowhatimean?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I really like Maggie Valley.It's becoming a biker town.Not in a bad way either.The4 BRP from there to Ashville is nice.Might be cool this time of year.Watch your weather.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnks,Phil,weather to be in upper 50"s or better and dry.We are ready for any of it,snow will run us off.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will be coming from Chattanoga and heading in on Hwy 74. We heard that it is better to go up the Dragon,the first time,and we are going to do the loop,which includes Cherohala Skyway.Knock out the big one first day,then kick around and check out anything else.
I have a Iway 500c,so we ought to be able to find any spot you suggest.Thanks again....Ray

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Try Wayah Road from the Nantahala area (near Robbinsville) over to Franklin, have lunch, then take NC 28 all the way to the Deals Gap store. That's a really nice ride.

Enjoy your time off. Happy Thanksgiving!

Bob E.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Right now we have a little snow up high but its suppose to be warm the rest of the week. My son came in from colorado this last sunday and i told him he must have brought the snow with him. He laughed and said our snow is about like a heavy frost in colorado.
The high roads should be ok by this week end supposed to be in sixtys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts