GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info for the best roads down to Casper. Have 18 days to ride, been in northern WY. Just want check out some rides going south. Will be going to CO,NM and maybe some UT. Plans are open. My wife give me a hall pass back in june for 18 days so this is more her ride.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
When does your hall pass start?...LOL Hiway 212)Beartooth Pass) and 296(Chief Joseph Hiway) and 120 into Cody. Then 20/26 into Casper. The Buffalo Bill Museum is worth a stop, plan on 2-3 hours though. If you overnight in Riverton, Wyoming by chance, stay at the Paintbrush Motel, they're biker friendly and reasonable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be in east SD off of I-90 Sept. 1st heading west to the black hills then WY after that heading to Co.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
When does your hall pass start?...LOL Hiway 212)Beartooth Pass) and 296(Chief Joseph Hiway) and 120 into Cody. Then 20/26 into Casper. The Buffalo Bill Museum is worth a stop, plan on 2-3 hours though. If you overnight in Riverton, Wyoming by chance, stay at the Paintbrush Motel, they're biker friendly and reasonable.
:agree: What he said, if you have not done the Beartooth and Chief Joseph, even if you have to go out of your way, it is worth every minute.
This should be on every riders bucket list.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree: What he said, if you have not done the Beartooth and Chief Joseph, even if you have to go out of your way, it is worth every minute.
I have done both (Beartooth and Chief Joseph) as well yellowstone too. I was looking for info on some rides down to rocky mountain national park, best roads for that. Not that I would not go beartooth and chief joseph again but the wife is looking for old towns, mining town, canyons down thur WY.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will pick up the wife in SD airport and start the ride.
I have 18 day of riding before I have head toward MO to be on a job there.
After doing beartooth pass I would like to know what is the best roads down to Laramie. I can go north, south, east or west, but do want to end up down toward Montose. Just looking for some great road to ride.
Not in a big hurry want to stay off any interstate if I can.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts