GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best seat bag that will still allow the trunk to be fully opened? I purchased the Kuryakan Momentum Wanderer and there is simply no way to full open the trunk with the bag in place. Any recommendations are appreciated!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did the same and no, I can’t fully open the trunk while it is mounted. I just live with it opening only part way. I can get most anything out of the trunk while only partially open. Removing the bag is very easy though, at the end of the day’s ride. I like the size and convenience of that bag. I looked at many options, and that was the best bag I could find for my purpose.

Nelson Rigg makes a round bag which may work a bit better, but it’s capacity and features just didn’t suit my needs.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I own the Kuryakan Momentum Wanderer and I can open my truck far enough that it stays open and I can put anything large enough to fit in the truck in the trunk without removing the Momentum Wanderer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, no way I could get my helmet in or open all the way. Is yours a new model bag? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Steve, no way I could get my helmet in or open all the way. Is yours a new model bag? Thanks for the feedback!
No mine is a Kuryakyn Momentum Wanderer tour seat bag. I talked to my friend Larry who has the same bag and he can open his trunk just about all the way. When I open the trunk the bag pivots when the trunk opens. The bag is attached to my luggage rack on the trunk and the bottom portion of the bag is attached to my Traxxion hand rails. Larry does not have a luggage rack. He connects to the hand grips. My Avatar shows the bag on my Wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts