GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the very best replacement speakers available for the 1800? I do not want to have to add anything else just put in the very best sounding speakers available.

By the way I really enjoy this new board!

Thanks
Ed

D

·
0 Posts
Best Speakers

Take a look at this web page to see how some 5 1/4" Alpines were installed with minor modifications: www.rattlebars.com/chetswing

I did the Alpines front and back and they sounded good. Then I pulled out the Alpines from the front and replaced them with 5 1/4" Focal coaxials, which was better yet - though much more fiddling around was necessary as these speakers were much deeper.

If you just want to bolt new speakers in, then look at the Polk speakers on electricalconnections.com web page. J & M Audio has some good speakers too.

Above and beyond all else, get rid of those stock speakers!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I just bought the Polks for the front & back, and the EC 4 channel amp. Can't wait to hear how they sound.

Bad thing is I can't do that until March :(

I've heard a bike with just the front Alpines, without an amp, and with a CD, they sounded fantastic! Can't wait to hear the 4 Polks with an amp pushing them!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the Diamond Audio m341i speakers.

They are a bit pricey, but they are top quality with excellent sound.

They are 4 1/2 inch speakers that will fit with no modifications.

Click this link to go to my web page and view the speaker install.
Rumblepipe's Motorcycle World

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have Sirius Satellite Radio and EC amp with 5.25 inch alpines in front and the Polk's in the rear, I'm about 90% happy but there are times when you are being buffeted by cross winds or traffic noise that the sound isn't good so I'm thinking that helmet speakers are probably the way to go trouble is I have a XX helmet with a XX+ head there isn't any room in there for speakers. :roll:

·
Registered
810 Posts
AMP IT!

Consider this:

5" Polk's F&R, much easier fit than Alpines and excellent quality
Sony 320 watt amplifier in the left saddlebag!
(the spot in the trunk was occupied)

Anyone near New Orleans who'd like to hear it, give me a shout, you only need to be near it to realize just how good it sounds and then, up at 80, it still sounds good!

I'm not into loud, just good.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to John Richards!

Last weekend I took Johns advise and installed the Diamond speakers and I could not be any happier without also adding the amp which I really did not want to tackle. These speakers are everything Johns said, what a difference in sound quality. Maybe in a couple of years I will add the amp? But for now I am satisfied. By the way I did go for all 4 Diamonds and I really stuffed those rear pods with the poly-fill.

Thanks again for the great advice!

PS; and I only stripped out one screw on the trunk liner :shock:

John Richards said:
I installed the Diamond Audio m341i speakers.

They are a bit pricey, but they are top quality with excellent sound.

They are 4 1/2 inch speakers that will fit with no modifications.

Click this link to go to my web page and view the speaker install.
Rumblepipe's Motorcycle World

G

·
0 Posts
AI_Nut said:
When you use aftermarket amps, can you still get the automatically increased volume with increasing speed?

yes as that feature is built in to the Honda stereo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts