GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m about to purchase a pair of prescription sunglasses and I`d like to know what style and color of lenses most of you prefer, for riding. I thought of both the sporty wraparound or the regular type glasses with magnetic clip-on shades for dual purpose. What are the advantages of either besides the obvious, that most of you have experienced through the years of riding. TIA 8)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There's lot of choices out there. Try a lot of them on and go with what feels best for you. I know that I have to have one that guards the sun on the sides, the setting sun or late afternoon hitting the side of my face really bothers me. :yes2:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wear my regular RX glasses with polarized clip ons, not the magnets because they will blow off. Trust me I know this for a fact. Get the ones that clamp on by stretching them and cliping them on. I also have RX goggles that are great, no wind at all. Also polarized.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Last year before vacation I sprung for a set of WileyX wrap around glasses. They have a sponge rubber seal with vents around the edges and won't fog up, at least for me. I had the eye doc grind a set of lenses to fit the frames. I invested in an extra set of lenses, I have a dark set for daytime, yellow for night. They also come with the standard ear piece, and an elastic band that are interchangable, depending on your preferences.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sir Rog,

I have a set of these http://www.nyxsports.com. There are others on the market that are similar, these folks are good to deal with. Are they the best??? I don't know about that but, I do like them. :wink:

The interchangable lense makes them fit almost any situation. Pretty good wind protection. They can be used for sports other than riding (did I say that :oops: ).

Good luck.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
my main requirement is polarized, the color seems to be of little concern to me.

since getting diabetes, my eyes are more light sensitive, the polarized lenses help a lot

loren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts