GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I are planning a trip out Utah way around the September time frame. Anyone been out there that time of year? What are the hazards? Rain? Snow? Heat? etc. Don't want to get caught in the snow traveling through Colorado. Saw some videos of Utah and I gotta go. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I haven't been there in a few years. At high altitude you should always expect rain/hail...all the bad stuff. It would depend on the way you want to travel there. If you go through the Rocky's I would expect it, if you go north then drop down into Utah lesser of a chance. (what fun would the be:nojoke:) But, there's always a but, the weather has been unpredictable this year to say the least.

When I was still active duty, we would go to Colorado Springs twice a year to teach pilots advance flying technics at high altitude and mountainous terrain. In the fall, the weather would change in the Rocky range by the minute it seemed. We would takeoff just to go see how the weather was. Then we would decide to push or return to base.

I'm looking at heading that way next year. Let me know how it goes.

Tree

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we are back from Colorado and Utah. We left on September 19th and was gone for ten days. We traveled through Colorado and Utah. Saw all the sights. Weather was absolutely gorgeous and the scenery was magnificent. No way to describe it. I would recommend this trip to everyone. Well worth it. 3,795 miles from my garage and back to my garage. Super trip. Planning on taking the wife out there next year. Will have to take a car though. She isn't much of a bike rider. GO IF YOIU CAN.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts