GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sd card down load problem solved. Thanks to this forum.
I will be installing the mp3 player tomorrow. Are there any tips on getting this job done?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
878 Posts
Be sure to seal up the hole the cable exits the trunk through... A friend lost his CB unit from water intrusion into the trunk... I am considering putting my CB in a water tight bag after seeing what happened to his... $600 headache...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get the wire away from the metal of the hinge or the hinge will cut it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ever one the vidio was very good. Should I put some silicon on the wire going into the trunk?
Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you use to mount the player to the side of the trunk? Its seems that the velcro is not holding real tight on the trunk side.
Thanks Mike

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
What do you use to mount the player to the side of the trunk? Its seems that the velcro is not holding real tight on the trunk side.
Thanks Mike

Usually works fine but if your concerned the trim tape from an auto store will work well also

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everone it is working great, I cleaned the spot inside of the trunk with brake cleaner and now the velcro seems fine. I will put some silicon on the wire later tonight. Someone said the mp3 will put a little drain on the battery is this anything to be concern about, the bike sometimes sits for 2 weeks without starting?
Mike

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Thanks everone it is working great, I cleaned the spot inside of the trunk with brake cleaner and now the velcro seems fine. I will put some silicon on the wire later tonight. Someone said the mp3 will put a little drain on the battery is this anything to be concern about, the bike sometimes sits for 2 weeks without starting?
Mike
The drain on the V3 is minuscule nothing to concern you although we do advise disconnection if storing the bike for an extended period over the winter but then most riders disconnect the battery anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts