GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 2010 GoldWing level 2 and a 2002 Honda VTX 1800C. I had long ago equipped my VTX with a Garmin Zumo 550. I went through a long learning curve of all the possibilities afforded by having GPS on my motorcycle. Planning routes, saving favorites and even geo-caching while outriding. I even created trail maps to use while riding ATV’s. Needless to say I was disappointed with the built in Nav system on the Wing. But rather than complain about what it doesn’t do to my liking, I am trying to have fun with i tanyway. Although my Zumo is still on the handlebar.
I have discovered that I can create transparent overlay mapswith the better motorcycling roads color coded so they are easily visible while riding. I am also working on TourGuide files which will provide audio alerts at certain distances or speeds in relation to a Point of Interest. One of which will be “Decreasing Radius Curves” that can catch a rider off guard, be it he’s riding aggressively or just enjoying the scenery. Others would be waterfalls,historic sites etc.
There are a vast multitude of GPS programs out there and Ihave spent several months trying them out and attempting to come to a conclusion of which ones I’ll use. However, I do have a limited number of GPSunits at my disposal to test mycreations. Presently the Honda GoldWing, Zumo 550 and a Nuvi 1300.
I am looking for some alpha/beta testers for my maps and TourGuide files. Both built in GPS units and portable units as well. Initially,I will be focusing on Garmin but eventually will expand to TomTom and others. If you would like to assist me in my testing and critique my work (Good , Bad and even Ugly) and offer suggestions for future projects I would love to hear from you. In return, if I should decide to market these products they will always be available to you (the tester) at No cost. I’m presently creating maps of the Western NC and Upstate SC area but will consider putting something together for your area if you can provide me with accurate information to work with.
Please visit my website @ Letsrideclyde.com and fill out the Alpha/Beta Testers form.
Thanks,
Terry

Note: on vacation until July 9

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks WingLeader09. I'm hoping my efforts aren't in vain. When I get back from vacation on July 9th I will start putting more of them together.

·
IronMan
18,587 Posts
CHECK OUT WINGWING HAS EMFB = EASY MAPS FOR BIKERS RUN EVERYTHING THRU ANDROIOD GOOD LUCK YOU GEEKS HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS SHOULD BE OUT RIDING LIKE THE REST OF US SQUARE HEADS :lol::lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts