GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need info. of abetter seat. Stock seat on 1800 Gold Wing is terrible need help. Does anyone use saddleman or kuryakn touring seat? or whatever is best.
Thanks Harold

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Russell Day Long. Worth the price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i was part of the group buy of the russell seat here last year. the best seat i've ever owned by far. i did a iba saddlesore ride last sunday, my butt never bothered me in 1029 miles. can't say enough good things about it!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Wingsoft mod works well for me. 2,697 miles in 5.5 days.

No problems with LD Comfort shorts riding through 200 miles of 110 degree heat here in Texas on 6-17-11

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Russell Day Long. Worth the price.
Yup. Will be the next high dollar investment I make on my new wing. The last one that I owned was by far the best saddle that I ever had had the pleasure to park my butt on. There just was at no time during a ride that I felt like getting off. Not even my lazy-boy will let me do that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tom Simmons seats

I should be receiving my Tom Simmons seat this Friday. I liked the look and a number of people on here said they really liked it. He is the only one that takes your measurements, weight and a picture of where you want to sit to customize the seat just for you. I am also vertically challenged so he is able to take 2 or 3 inches off the seat so I can put both feet on the ground. I will report back once I put some miles on it.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I should be receiving my Tom Simmons seat this Friday. . . He is the only one that takes your measurements, weight and a picture of where you want to sit to customize the seat just for you. . .
He's not the only one. Russell does the same thing. Not only that, but they GUARANTEE that you'll be satisfied with your new seat -- or your money back, no questions asked, and no time limit. They only ask that you give them two tries to modify the seat to your liking if it does not feel right when you get it back the first time.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Ultimate seat co. They make the only aftermarket seat I would ever buy. Yes it's that good.
Kurt :nojoke:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have tried a few but the best is the one I have now.
The Ultimate Midrider with the passenger backrest for my wife.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Seat

I had a Russell,I had a Corbin,I had a Mustang.. Now I have a Tom Simmons seat and another Tom Simmon's seat will go on my next new bike.. Not to put down other seats and I know people will say this or that is the best. Tom's seat are great.If you look at the for sale page on this web site, I am yet to see anyone selling one of Tom's seats.I am yet to see anyone saying Tom did not stand behind his seats or anyone saying they did not like his product or had problems with his seats.. Give Tom a call, he'll fill you in on all the hype out there about so called "Custom" seats.. His it truly tailored to you and your passenger. His seats are not poured foam into a mold,trimmed and covered and called a hand made seat. His a truly hand made, one at a time and once you ride on one,you'll know why folks say they are the best.

http://www.tscustomseats.com/gpage.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hartco Seat for Sale

I have a Hartco for sale if you are interested.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My wife and I are very pleased with Russell - pictures, measurements & weight was requested for both of us. Have about 8k miles on it since March.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Stock works for me 3139 miles in 45 hrs according to the bike 3014 GPS miles. I don't get the uncomfortable part of the seat so many complain of, but I'm used to riding junk, so goldwing was a leap forward. I suggest riding another bike in agony, then get on goldwing and find the seat is just fine:lol:

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I had a Russell,I had a Corbin,I had a Mustang.. Now I have a Tom Simmons seat and another Tom Simmon's seat will go on my next new bike.. Not to put down other seats and I know people will say this or that is the best. Tom's seat are great.If you look at the for sale page on this web site, I am yet to see anyone selling one of Tom's seats.I am yet to see anyone saying Tom did not stand behind his seats or anyone saying they did not like his product or had problems with his seats.. Give Tom a call, he'll fill you in on all the hype out there about so called "Custom" seats.. His it truly tailored to you and your passenger. His seats are not poured foam into a mold,trimmed and covered and called a hand made seat. His a truly hand made, one at a time and once you ride on one,you'll know why folks say they are the best.

http://www.tscustomseats.com/gpage.html

I dunno.......maybe they are comfy, but I swear, some of those seats look like they were lifted out of the Muster Mobile. Makes me wonder if crushed velvet is coming back in style. :shrug:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Seat

Seat looks don't mean a thing.. You can't tell how good a seat is by looks... Tom did mine in leather on request.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Stock works for me 3139 miles in 45 hrs according to the bike 3014 GPS miles. I don't get the uncomfortable part of the seat so many complain of, but I'm used to riding junk, so goldwing was a leap forward. I suggest riding another bike in agony, then get on goldwing and find the seat is just fine:lol:
I am one of those for who the stock seat on a motorcycle never seems to work. I guess I can blame a back injury for that. To the point, the stock seat works for some, not for others. Everyone is different in shape, weight, inseam, etc. For me, the Russell has been the best so far. I had a Diamond saddle on a GL1500 that was a great seat. Don't know how they are on an 1800. I have a Russell on my current Wing, and we are about to order up a Russell for my wife's Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT. I just wish that the stock seat worked for me. It would have saved me a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Plant your seat on as many seats as you can take a seat on before deciding on a seat.

They are subjective and we all like the ones we have. If you are going to drop + or - a grand, then do your homework, by the seat of your pants, so to speak. Russel, Hartco, Diamond, Kury (made by Mustang), Corbin, and so on have a following for a reason. They all have good product. It is just the part of figuring out what makes your butt happy.

I like the Hartco Pro Tour. FWIW

Best Wishes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts