GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A provocative statement such as this is sure to bring on the flames.

So let me amend it to say that, in my opinion, the Michelin Primacy is even better than the Kuhmo I had mounted before.

I base this on our recent 3,000 mile trip from central Arkansas to northern New Mexico and southern Colarado and back home again.

We experienced temps from 51 degrees to 110. We rode on road surfaces from freeway to gravel and pretty much everything in between. We rode on dry pavement and wet pavement, straight stretches of interstate and miles and miles of curvy mountain switchbacks, over well-maintained surfaces and over some truly terrible stretches of roadbed, and even short stretches of fresh tar and gravel.

The tire did not bobble even once and provides a really comfortable ride and responsive handling.

I really liked my Kuhmo but this is my new favorite tire for the Goldwing.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's great scootertrash, enjoy your new shoe! That's why they make so many different tires, it's not a one size fits all!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (actually I think it's the money thing you know):lol:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
That's great scootertrash, enjoy your new shoe! That's why they make so many different tires, it's not a one size fits all!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (actually I think it's the money thing you know):lol:
Actually for once I have to totally agree with Rocketman. God all this medicine I am on must be messing with my mind to agree with the Rocket but he's right on with this one LMAO

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I have heard good things about that tire.

Curiosity is about to kill the cat.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I talked with WimpyHonda today. He has 20k on his Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 and it still has 3/32nds of tread left.

I loved mine that I ran last Winter. Wimpy runs his all the time and has 2 more ready to go.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I talked with WimpyHonda today. He has 20k on his Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 and it still has 3/32nds of tread left.

I loved mine that I ran last Winter. Wimpy runs his all the time and has 2 more ready to go.
Hey Trialsman, did he say if that was to the wear bars or total?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Nice looking tire, maybe I'll try one when I wear out the Kumho.
How much air pressure are you running in it?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
It looks to have a rounder profile than the Kumho. Am I seeing things?
Congrats on the new sneaker.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Michelin alpin P3

I have used one up and liked it, have one mounted and ready to go for this winter, have kumho on for the summer
Andy

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
A provocative statement such as this is sure to bring on the flames.

So let me amend it to say that, in my opinion, the Michelin Primacy is even better than the Kuhmo I had mounted before.

I base this on our recent 3,000 mile trip from central Arkansas to northern New Mexico and southern Colarado and back home again.

We experienced temps from 51 degrees to 110. We rode on road surfaces from freeway to gravel and pretty much everything in between. We rode on dry pavement and wet pavement, straight stretches of interstate and miles and miles of curvy mountain switchbacks, over well-maintained surfaces and over some truly terrible stretches of roadbed, and even short stretches of fresh tar and gravel.

The tire did not bobble even once and provides a really comfortable ride and responsive handling.

I really liked my Kuhmo but this is my new favorite tire for the Goldwing.
See if you whip in "in my opinion " it prevents a flame up;)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Rocket, it was 1/32nd to the wearbars or 3/32nds left. And Wimpy does not baby it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i just put on a michlien and i like it better than the kumho i took off. max :evil:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts

That 3/32 is in center of tread the sides still have 5/32. I have ran this tire at 31 psi. The best milage i could get out of 2 diff Kumhos about 14 K before getting into the cord on sides. I like the Michlen best of all the 5 diff C/Ts i have ran.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just changed out my Pirelli with 16,100 documented miles on my bike and 3,000 miles claimed by the previous owner. Had 3/32nds left.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This sounds like and looks to be a tire that I would like to try, after this, my 2nd Kumho tire wears out. I will check it out a little later. Is it a ROF tire like the Kumho? Thanks for all the great information that continues to be posted here.
Have a great day and ride safe, Phil

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, it is a runflat.

The copilot insists I keep it inflated to 36 psi, so I don't know how many miles I will get before the center wears out.

However..........I find life is more peaceful if I don't argue with the copilot.

Yeah, I know. It's sad to see a grown man without a backbone :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts