GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I just use my I think 32 oz Butler cup in its holder as a holder for my I think 24 oz Yeti cup. Easier to lift up and take a drink I found and keeps the drink (water) colder longer.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I have a "fake" 40 oz Yeti that I got at Walmart for a whole lot less and use it in the large Butler holder. The large Butler lid fits it so no spillage. The cup will actually slip through the holder so what I did was take some Velcro and put it around the cup and also on the holder (that was a minor mistake because the Velcro made it too hard to get the cup out). I solved that problem by getting some heat shrink tubing for electrical wire large enough to go over the cup holder and put it on now it works real well. Just make sure you put enough on to keep the cup from working down onto the tank. Total cost was less then $10 to buy Velcro and heat shrink with quite a bit left over. Oh I did put a handle on the cup to make it easier to drink out of with gloves on.

·
Registered
390 Posts
get the plastic handle

I did the described for my wife to replace her butler cup.
fits well. However I suggest getting the plastic handle offered with the Ozark trail mug....just makes it easier to handle on the road.
I also bought a set of the plastic straws that go with them, there is a ring formed near the bottom of the straw so it cannot pull out of the lid.

My wife likes it better than the old butler cup.
I need to get an extra butler ring or two....I have lost one, and broke one over the years....

hope it works for you as well as it did for me
bryon

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I used the large Bike Butler cup holder and a piece of 4" PVC painted black (which holds a 30oz cup perfectly) on both a drivers and passenger cup holder. The driver is held on with a RAM mount and the passenger is held to the Gold Strike Passenger arm rest. I also put a "fanny pack" around the passenger cup holder. Makes up for the missing under arm rest pockets from my previous Wing that the wife misses so much. This holds her lip balm, hair ties, and any other small items she wants easy access too. Both of these work great, the cups keep the liquid much colder then the Bike Butler cups did.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went ahead and ordered the 30 oz tumbler kit from Butler because I’m not handy like most of you all. Following is my critique:
The company, Glass Act, is very quick in shipping. The lid, straw and compression ring are the normal Butler products. The handle says “Butler” on it and is very heavy duty. I bought the 30oz Ozark tumbler from Walmart.
The lid doesn’t snap on like it does on the Butler plastic cup, but just presses on fairly tight. I tested it and there was no leakage. The handle fits tightly and is very secure. The handle is much heavier duty than what Walmart offers.
What I don’t like is the price. Also, I don’t like the way the tumbler fits into the compression ring. It’s not as tight as the Butler plastic cup. It wobbles a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have the large butler cup and have moved it from bikee to bike. Its now on my 18 gw airbag tour. When there is no big gulp sitting in it I use it for sunglass holder, cell phone, and now my old hand held cb.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I don’t like the way the tumbler fits into the compression ring. It’s not as tight as the Butler plastic cup. It wobbles a little.
Both my Rtic & Sugar's Ozark Trail vibrate further into the compression rings as we ride. Sometimes so much so that it takes a concentrated effort to remove them :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts