GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was such a lovely day in the Tampa Bay area today..., sunny and bright, with the temperature in the high 70's..., that I decided to go for a LONG ride..., 54 miles to be exact. Coincidentally, that just happens to be the exact distance from my place near Clearwater, across Tampa Bay, to Tampa General Hospital. I figured that since I was there anyway, I might as well drop in and see Beverly.

When I arrived at her room, she looked like she was sleeping or completely "out of it"..., so I bent over real close and whispered..., "Beverly..., are you awake?" Her eyes fluttered a bit, then she got this really puzzled look on her face. I said, "It's Brian," and she suddenly got the biggest smile on her face. To be honest, I didn't expect this response, and was thrilled to see that huge smile.

She wasn't able to talk, but was able to scribble note on a piece of paper, and told me that JohnACman had been in to see her, and he had gone downstairs with Rene to get some lunch. I wanted to have a chat with Rene, so I told her I was going to find them, and I'd be back in a little while with Rene.

It's a bit difficult to communicate with Beverly right now, mainly because she's unable to speak (because of the trachea), and I think she gets fed up having to scribble notes. I know it's hard to believe, but right now, you can actually say anything you want to her and she cant get back at you. But, as she managed to get across to me, she WILL get even. :lol::lol:

To be honest with you, I was very surprised at how good she looked and how sharp she was..., typically Beverly. She's still having trouble breathing, and is still in the Trauma ICU..., but once they can get her off the ventilator and stabilize her breathing, she'll likely be moved out of the Trauma ICU. Possibly in a week or so, she might be getting moved to a rehab center in West Palm Beach. In the meantime, she's in Room 5124. However, she could be moved out of ICU, so if you're planning on visiting, it would be a good idea to go to the reception desk inside the Main Entrance to check.

Beverly is in pretty good spirits and quite coherent. In fact, when she said she was going to get even with me for enjoying her inability to "talk", I asked her, "What are you going to so..., shoot me?" She scribbled on the notepad, "Yes..., and you're Canadian, so you cant have a gun!" :lol::lol::lol:

Any way, at first she was reluctant, but then agreed to let me take a picture to post here for everyone. Of course, her primary concern was that her hair was a mess. He message to everyone...,

"I'm Fine!"

And now, the rest of the story...

After I took the picture, I look at her, and the big smile slowly changed to a mischievous grin, and her index finger slowly curled down, leaving only her middle finger pointing straight up. That's our Beverly! :lol::lol:

-

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Great to see she's alert and smiling. Get well Bev, were all rootin for ya

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Good news for sure......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Fantastic news Brian. :excited:Why don't you move this over to the update thread if you haven't already. Absolutely can't beat that smile.

Jeff

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic news Brian. :excited:Why don't you move this over to the update thread if you haven't already. Absolutely can't beat that smile.
I thought I did that, but I must have forgot... :confused:

I'll do it right now...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Brian,

Folks have always known that "you da ladies man". Must be from your US visits, cause it couldn't be the Canuck in ya'. Valerie better keep her eyes on ya'.

Thanks for the news, and the smile (hers).

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Awesome news!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Met her once at a Fla. lunch run...Anxious to see her again..She is truly a one-of-a kind. God's speed in your recovery Bev.:thumbup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is really apparent from the picture how well her spirit is doing. I believe that is the most important part in any recovery, and she seems to have that nailed.

Good luck Beverly, we are all behind you, and wish you the best. Sending the warmest hug I can offer from cold Washington state.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If that's any kind of indication of what she's like normally I'd venture to say she is a real spark plug with tons of fire. Bev you don't know me but I see why everyone misses you so much. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
fantastic news

:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I was going to take a picture, but thought she would SHOOT me so I kept the camera in the bike:shock::shock: It was worth the 2.5 hour trip over there just to see her smile ;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts