GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick update using a couple of tin cans and a string from my hotel room in Ft Lauderdale. Full details after I get home tomorrow night...

Spent a couple of hours with Beverly today. She looked like she was getting lazy, so I had the attendants throw her in a wheelchair (against her wishes) and wheeled her outside, and told her I'd leave her there if she didn't quit complaining.

Just kidding!!!! ;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, the physiotherapist wanted her to get up into the chair, but Beverly resisted. Seems its quite painful moving her from the bed to the chair, so she tries to avoid it. I managed to talk her into getting out of bed and I'd push her outside for some fresh air..., so she finally gave in and we wandered (figuratively) out to the front garden area, where we sat and chatted for another hour before she had to get back for physio.

We chatted and chatted and chatted..., about everything under the son..., family, work, ex-spouses, riding, motorcycles, wheelchairs, trikes, etc, etc, etc. She's still having trouble with double vision (another side effect of the accident) so has difficulty reading anything. When I told her I just had my 65th birthday last week, she was amazed and said I sure didn't look 65. Clearly, she is definitely having difficulty with her vision.

Any way, she's really ticked off about missing the Everglades City lunch tomorrow, but asked me to say "Hello" to everyone.

More details (and there's a lot) later when I get back home...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thank you for the update Brian.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You are a good EHHGG Brian. .................Don

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are a good EHHGG Brian. .................Don
Hey..., where were you today? You should have been at Everglades City for lunch..... EHHHHH?????

·
Registered
507 Posts
Brian,
Thanks for the update on Bev. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her & give a little prayer.

On a side note, I'm back in PA now & looking forward to an "eat & ride" this Saturday, being organized by Bald Eagle. One problem though........no name tags! What are we to do? ;)
Hope to see you healthy next fall.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Just a quick update using a couple of tin cans and a string from my hotel room in Ft Lauderdale. Full details after I get home tomorrow night...

Spent a couple of hours with Beverly today. She looked like she was getting lazy, so I had the attendants throw her in a wheelchair (against her wishes) and wheeled her outside, and told her I'd leave her there if she didn't quit complaining.

Just kidding!!!! ;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, the physiotherapist wanted her to get up into the chair, but Beverly resisted. Seems its quite painful moving her from the bed to the chair, so she tries to avoid it. I managed to talk her into getting out of bed and I'd push her outside for some fresh air..., so she finally gave in and we wandered (figuratively) out to the front garden area, where we sat and chatted for another hour before she had to get back for physio.

We chatted and chatted and chatted..., about everything under the son..., family, work, ex-spouses, riding, motorcycles, wheelchairs, trikes, etc, etc, etc. She's still having trouble with double vision (another side effect of the accident) so has difficulty reading anything. When I told her I just had my 65th birthday last week, she was amazed and said I sure didn't look 65. Clearly, she is definitely having difficulty with her vision.

Any way, she's really ticked off about missing the Everglades City lunch tomorrow, but asked me to say "Hello" to everyone.

More details (and there's a lot) later when I get back home...
Hey Brian, please tell Bev that I have had just about enough of this boo hoo, getting in the chair stuff. So much so, that I bought a house in Cape Coral and now plan, when I am down there, to get over to her place and set her straight. Tell her I plan to send half the mortgage payment to her since it is because of all her blathering about the warm southern FL weather that I did this. She soon will regret that I will be that much closer to her. If she thinks the therapists are tough, she ain't seen nothing yet. Be afraid Bev, be very afraid.:eek:4:;):joke:

Thanks for the update.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Brian, please tell Bev that I have had just about enough of this boo hoo, getting in the chair stuff. So much so, that I bought a house in Cape Coral and now plan, when I am down there, to get over to her place and set her straight. Tell her I plan to send half the mortgage payment to her since it is because of all her blathering about the warm southern FL weather that I did this. She soon will regret that I will be that much closer to her. If she thinks the therapists are tough, she ain't seen nothing yet. Be afraid Bev, be very afraid.:eek:4:;):joke:

YIKES!!!!!

Does this mean that we'll have you attending some of the lunches next year? Is it really Wheels, or the evil twin, Spokes?

;);)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts