GL1800Riders Forums banner

BEWARE OF HWY 49 South of Jackson

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rickathome 
#1 ·
Please beware of HWY 49 south of jackson. There's a section from about Florence to the Simpson County line that has bad issues with the road buckleing or buldging due to heat. Last few weeks it's been terrible. Today while headed to jackson I ran over a joint that I left the ground for 20 or more feet. It worked like a ramp and I barely controled the bike when it touched down again. Two weeks ago I saw an older couple being hauled off in an ambulance due to hitting one about the Jerry's fish house location. The lady was less a lot of hide due to hitting the pavement.

#2 ·
Thanks for the info BBK, that truly is one of the worst riding roads (car or Motorcycle) in this part of our state. I will intentionally ride 50 -100 miles out of the way to avoid it. For some reason, the state has not seen fit to rework the road in its entireity, only small sections of it. Maybe the Recovery and ReInvestment Act will help to fix it.:shrug:

#5 ·
Was out on 49 this past weekend, and found similar buckles popping up from Wiggins all the way down to the coast. Nothing big enough to launch the bike by any means but still big enough to be really annoying.

#6 ·
The goat's name is Gloria and she's really fun on a date.

Did I just type that out loud?
If that's the same ol' goat Gloria that I remember; she is a ****. (Kinda cute in a rough kinda way, but still cute.) All in all, she's not too baaaddd!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.