GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all my cousins to the north from a southern cousin...

In a few weeks, I'll be taking a little trip (no, not your normal 3 hour trip) and passing through Kanab. I plan on having lunch and Big Al's looks quite appealing to me.

If you've been there, what would you recommend from the menu? In the pics, it appears they have some type of dipping sauce for the fries. I love Camp Fire Sauce at Red Robin, and wonder if that sauce might be something similar?

Regardless, for those who have been there, what might you suggest for a newbie to have for lunch?

TIA,

- David

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's the problem with us Gold Wingers all we think about is food, like yesterday I rode to Roosevelt to meet up with my buddy Terry for lunch, we then rode over to Vernal and had lunch, I had Liver & Onions an he had a Navajo Taco at the 7-11 Ranch Restaurant, then I headed home 509 mile round trip....

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
That's the problem with us Gold Wingers all we think about is food, like yesterday I rode to Roosevelt to meet up with my buddy Terry for lunch, we then rode over to Vernal and had lunch, I had Liver & Onions an he had a Navajo Taco at the 7-11 Ranch Restaurant, then I headed home 509 mile round trip....
Hey buddy if you and Terry keep having those lunch runs the both of you will have to beef up the suspension on your bikes. :surprise:

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're a mean man Mr. Paul, but you may be right, but I remember just recently that I rode 670 mile 1 way to have a Rubin Sandwich with you, but then it's not the meal, it's the time spent with good Friends and getting together and swapping lies as it doesn't get any better than that....Take care my friend

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hello to all my cousins to the north from a southern cousin...

In a few weeks, I'll be taking a little trip (no, not your normal 3 hour trip) and passing through Kanab. I plan on having lunch and Big Al's looks quite appealing to me.

If you've been there, what would you recommend from the menu? In the pics, it appears they have some type of dipping sauce for the fries. I love Camp Fire Sauce at Red Robin, and wonder if that sauce might be something similar?

Regardless, for those who have been there, what might you suggest for a newbie to have for lunch?

TIA,

- David
Late to the party as usual but I was there in Sept. There was a 45 min to 1 hour wait, that place is very popular. I suggest going around 2 PM or so, the lunch crowd will be lessened quite a bit. The burger I had had a cowboy name but CRS is acting again. The "dipping sauce you speak of is called Fry sauce. Let me know when you're going to be there and I'll see if I can meet ya.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Late to the party as usual but I was there in Sept. There was a 45 min to 1 hour wait, that place is very popular. I suggest going around 2 PM or so, the lunch crowd will be lessened quite a bit. The burger I had had a cowboy name but CRS is acting again. The "dipping sauce you speak of is called Fry sauce. Let me know when you're going to be there and I'll see if I can meet ya.
Sorry for the late response, as I just opened up this thread a few moments ago.

I plan on being in Kanab tomorrow (Oct 17) sometime around noon-ish, as I'll be leaving central Arizona at 6am. With the time change, it'll be around noon when I pull in to town from the east.

'05 Gray wing pulling a '16 Gray Aluma MCT with the rider wearing a Hi-Viz yellow jacket and white helmet.

If it's too busy, I'll go elsewhere...

My return trip will be sometime on Saturday, Oct 19 with a layover in Kanab.

- David

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yellow Goldwing reverse trike, if Al's is too crowded we can go to Escobars or Houston's. Should be there around noon also. PM inbound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts