GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us from the Dallas area and some others from El Paso are meeting in Marathon to ride Big Bend for a few days. I've got a couple of extra rooms if anyone is interested in some great riding.

Don Saenz
Sanger, TX

·
Registered
707 Posts
Don,

Cannot make this trip, but I do 80% of my out of state runs to Texas. I've pushed back the Big Bend tour to many times. Meby you could post some pics when you get back and kindle some new interest in going with my wife ( a Texan ).

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I try to get ther at least once a year. Found that Feb - March the best time. Here are some teasers.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks TBB, very peaceful looking territory. The idea of february is logical. I spent last Independance Day at Mustang Island and will never do that again. Winter is for Texas, summer is for the Rocky Mountains.

I have family in Troy, Temple, Tanglewood (Rockdale), Killeen, Harker Heights, and Lampassas. Therefore the fridge, latrine, and guest rooms are in the middle of the state, spittin' distance from I-35.

Except for the courthouse in Panhandle (Near Amarillo), I could call Texas my second home. ( Not during football season )!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I will be there the following week. Myself and a co-worker will be leaving Waco on OCT. 12. Hope the weather cooperates for both of us.
stay safe

·
Registered
766 Posts
Brad,

You guys should point it in the other direction and come to the Harrison Gathering in north Arkansas. Gonna be a good time and some really great roads! We're leaving the DFW area on the 12th headed up. Y'all are welcome to join us.

Here's the link if you missed it. http://www.ozarksroads.com/gpage1.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the invite Brian. We've had this trip planned for several months so I hate to change plans on my partner. I hope to make it to the gathering in March. Probably see you there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts