GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to mount the controller in the OE panel? I like the idea of three position heat but it looks a bit clunky

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just mounted one in my panel BUT I used it as a replacement for the failed Honda controller. The Honda bracket mounts to the back of the panel with 3 screws. The screws go through legs on the bracket so that the back of the bracket is offset from the panel about 1 1/2 inches. The back of the panel has 2 holes. The screws that hold the back cover on the controller are removed and then used in the same holes to fasten the controller to the bracket. Confused yet? You could fabricate a similar bracket if you are the fabricating type. You would then have to cut a hole in the panel that lets the top part of the controller and the knob stick through. The controller would protrude through the panel somewhat but not as bad as mounting to the outside of the panel with the supplied double sided tape. By the way the controller is not 3 position. It is constantly variable and 3 position markings are on the controller. There is nothing that holds the knob in any given position except for the off position. It is a nice setup for $60.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts