GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding the lighted trunk and saddlebag moulding from Big Bike Parts. I like the Kury's but the ones from Big Bike are less money. Can anyone tell me if the Big Bike lights will work both as a running light and a brake light. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the Big Bikes trim on my bike. I got mine last year and they only worked as either the brake or the running light, but not both. This year the part number has changed, but I think it's due to changing from lights to LED,, not sure if they changed the wiring set up to allow for dual use.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have the Big Bikes trim on my bike. I installed them a few months back and really like the way they look in comparsion to Kury's. I have my setup for running lights. Now I am on the road 4am daily and they give off lots of light. A good addition, you may also consider the BBP's LED License Plate Holder.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If you are so inclined, adding two diodes and a resistor 270 ohm?, will drop the voltage thru the running light power, then brighter with brake light power. May show up at nightime better, was considering, but in daylight the lights are not that bright. I left mine alone so far. (big bikes) Would highly sugest making adapter cables for the tail lights with hitachi connectors from E/c. Mine are spliced on as per instructions, but wish I made the connector adapters. Hate to effect OEM stock items. Have been working well, but take caution when installing. The corner interlocking tabs had to be filed down on mine, or break if installed for sure. The filing is on the hidden tab, so nothing shows. Only problem I had with them. It is plastic and files fast and easy, could probably use a nail file. Take care.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Sgt,

I have the Kury's on mine and Dr. Rob has the Big Bikes on his.

Kuryy's a lot more expensive. A bit better made, easier install.

The Big Bikes provide more lighting, look better in my opinion, a little less plug & Play,

If I was going to do it again (I ain't) I would deffinately go for the Big Bikes.

Bulldog

·
Registered
127 Posts
Installed the Big Bike's on mine. Love them. The directions state to position the led strip where the center of the lens will be. For max visibility be sure to do this.
Good Luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would highly sugest making adapter cables for the tail lights with hitachi connectors from E/c. Mine are spliced on as per instructions, but wish I made the connector adapters. Hate to effect OEM stock items.
GL03 What connector is needed and how would you make the adapter? I looked on the e/c site and saw the connectors I'm just not sure what I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts