GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Big Bike Parts and Add-On the same company. I am thinking of buying the Big bike Parts LED Chrome Saddlebag and Trunk Moldings from (as well as light rotor covers) Hal. Anyone have these or seen these and what do you think of them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had a baaaad experience with some Add-On parts. Poor fit and I was not impressed with the overall quality. JMHO :cry:
Replaced with BBP and Show Chrome stuff, and am much happier! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trunk Lights

I just had them installed on my 03 silver and it looks good. I had heard that they were not so good, but the new ones are improved. Make sure you buy the led's lighted ones, not the bulb lighted one's. Looks good on the silver and they give off some good light. Brighter than the Kury's and much cheaper. They are now making them color matched ; however, I have not seen them yet and they are not in the BB parts catalog. I paid $190.00 for top and bottom at Directline (they price matched a competitor). One year warranty also!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I've got these, & love them. They look real good at night. I don't know about Add-on, but I think Big Bike Parts, & Show Chrome are one in the same.

Notice the ice on the pond, Brrrr.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am unhappy with the Addon parts I have. bought the chrome clutch and brake levers had to file/grind to make them fit. No more Addon stuff for me. Have had no problem with any other makers so far.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I like mine, I think they look better than the kury's and there cheaper too !

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've been burned four times with AddOn products, so my rule of thumb is to purchase nothing put out by AddOn. Just within the last week or so, on this board, one rider went through a nightmare trying to install a front fork reflector light which was AddOn. Been there, done that!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have them and love them, especially since I replaced the regular bulbs with the update LED kit. I think they all come with LED's now. I went with these because they have more red lense area and less chrome. This looks better with the chrome rails I think, and the lights really reflect off the rails.

Big Bike Parts and ShowChrome are one in the same. Add ON is someone else.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone I ordered them from Hal today. Can they be hooked up as turn signals too? Do you have them hooked up that way? or always on? Do you have them on a switch so you can turn them off?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine are not on a switch. They're wired in directly to the tail lights.
A friend of mine hooked the rear part of this trunk lights up to flash alternately with the turnsignals. He ran his ground wire down and used the hot wire for the turnsignal as his ground. That way each time the turnsignal light came on, the trunk lights went out causing an anternating flashing effect. Looked pretty neat. This is how GM use to do their front marker lights on their cars and trucks. They may still, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I have the Kuryakin trunk/saddlebag molding.
They are wired direct,and I wired the saddlebage lights as Jim Mathis describes. I like the extra turn signals while changing lanes,or sitting still making a left turn.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It depends on what kind you bought. Mine are just the riding lights. The newest ones will be riding and Brake lights. Watch how you wire them up!
It's easy to get the wrong wire, too many green ones back there ! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts