GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey Pete,

How much does that one cost ?
I am sure a little reinforcement would take the wobble out of it. 8)

Thanks
Ride Safely

G

·
Pete,

When I saw the Subject of your post

"Big Harbor Fright Motorcycle lift"

I was almost afraid to open it
:crew:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete da airbrushman

$270.00 on sale My buddy paid half I paid Half, and I keep it at my house. You have to push hard to get it to move, but its mush more stable than the small lift that lifts in the mid of the bike. I first brought one of those, but like the platform one better

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The wheels should be shiny, it's an '06. When someone tries to look at my wheels, I spin them around and change the subject.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
NJL,

I have seen your wheels, well after we blew them off with high pressure air, we saw them...LOL

Hope to see you before snow.

Coffee is on.

Dawg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
06 with more than11,000 miles

new jersey lefty said:
The wheels should be shiny, it's an '06. When someone tries to look at my wheels, I spin them around and change the subject.
this '06 has more than 11,000 miles on it. they charge $50.00 to clean your wheels like this, at the big bike shows. I watched them clean the tires, and now with the HF lift can easly do it my self

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
GGW,

You would make Toyo smile with that shiny Wing. I've seen him pull out a rag and start wiping things while waiting on a light.

I'm almost as bad.

I need one of those. My aching back would love it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the same lift and really like it. It's not as well made as the Handy but for the money it can't be beat. I caught mine on sale for $299.99 and had a 30% off any one item coupon. I see you already made one modification, extending the platform forward for the front wheel. For those who might not know that modification is necessary to bring the centerstand forward far enough clear the removable panel for the rear wheel. Without this mod the centerstand sits directly on the panel. I also made some side extensions out of 2 X 8's and have them running the full length of the platform. I feel more secure riding onto the lift with the extensions. :wink:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey GGW, I have that Harbor Freight lift also,
and made the same mod you and Geeze did
to get the long Wing far enough onto the bed.
I'll believe you did those wheels right after you
prove it by doing mine. :roll: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
GGW said:
There is a trick to cleaning them. I use a little jack to lift the front tire so it will spin.
So, is there another trick to cleaning them, or were you referring to the little jack to lift the front tire so it will spin?

what IS the best "stuff" to clean them, or is that like asking about tires and oil?
:)

thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
wingwing said:
GGW said:
There is a trick to cleaning them. I use a little jack to lift the front tire so it will spin.
So, is there another trick to cleaning them, or were you referring to the little jack to lift the front tire so it will spin?

what IS the best "stuff" to clean them, or is that like asking about tires and oil?
:)

thanks,
Dennis
White Diamond Polish works real well, there's a bottle of it in the picture posted above.

http://www.whitediamondpolish.com

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Naughty naughty. I dont see the safety bar in place to keep it from dropping to the ground.
I went to Harbor Freight today to look at the lift. They also have one in their cataloge that is air operated, and has a much nicer wheel clamp, but its $100 more.
Think I will pick me up one tomorrow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
HF Lift

Hey Geeze,

Could you post pictures of the mods you made to your lift.

Also, maybe a photo of getting the bike on the lift when the lift is at its lowest point. I am curious how hard it is to dismount the bike with it on the lift and how hard it is to put it on the center stand while it is on the lift.

Thanks,

76 Posts
Queston, with the jack you have pictured, can you lift the rear wheel off of the removeable platform without extending the front of the lift?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
GGW,

How do you get the Wing onto the lift? Do you ride it on (LONG legs! :)) or walk beside it? I see the kickstand is down. Is the wood block on the side of the lift for the kickstand to stand on while you put it on the center stand?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts