GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well many of you helped me select my new trike -- much appreciated and it is on its way. Now, another problem where I could use some input. I purchased a set of Shoei Multitec full face helmets. Mine is the X-Large size and, although the helmet fits well, there is almost no room between my lips and the inside of the helmet. The local dealer could not find a way to fit the Honda or Chatterbox brands of mic's into the helmet with it pushing against my lips. I know what you are thinking, I must be one fat headed guy...!? Guess so, but would still like to have a communication system with passenger and, preferably, even Bluetooth to the phone.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone know of a brand or style that might resolve the problem?

Thanks!

PS My son and I are taking our motorcoach to Daytona (infield camping area at Speedway) for bike week -- any others planning on camping there?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey Phil

Since you will be at Bike Week (and I hope to make it down there as well), you might want to stop in and see the J&M guys. This is where there web sites says they will be. If they can not help you, they might have some good suggestions.

Daytona Beach Bike Week
Feb 27 – Mar 8
Bruce Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona
Daytona Beach, FL

Just an idea.

Good luck from one with a BIG Noodle to another.;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will look up the J&M guys. One of the reasons we are going is because of all the vendors who will be there. :bow:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Should have bought a potato. They don't spoil as fast. Woops too late.;)

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Call Ed at Edsets.com. He has internal microphone sets that will fit modular and full face helmet. He now has 3G technology. I just bought a set and it sounds great.

Ken

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll be at Bike Week...we're heading out next Thursday riding to Key West then up to Daytona on Monday March 2nd for the week...see y'all there!!!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Some helmets allow more chin room than others. Hopefully the J & M folks can help and you aren't faced with shopping for another helmet right away.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
hay...Guys as you pass through here going to Fla..give me a call.....maybe we could for a cup..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts